Married
Erwin McManus Erwin McManus.. ??? author ? pastor of mosaic church

can any one tell more about him ..

Alithis

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
hmm early days yet. but may i assume it got the same blank stare i gave when i heard the name haha

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married

Alithis

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
haha that was sort of my reaction ..

you see the little tinsy congregation i presently attend ( though to be honest im not sure for how much longer ) advertised i thier notice that they will be screening two sermons from this guy .. so im concerned as to who this guy is .. having done a little research im actualy only more concerned lol

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married

you see the little tinsy congregation i presently attend ( though to be honest im not sure for how much longer ) advertised i thier notice that they will be screening two sermons from this guy .. so im concerned as to who this guy is .. having done a little research im actualy only more concerned lol

Oh.:thumbsup:

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Never heard of him

Alithis

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
calls himself a cultural architecture :artist:

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes

What causes you concern?

I don't know the guy myself but I'd do much as you have done and check him out.

Alithis

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
What causes you concern?

I don't know the guy myself but I'd do much as you have done and check him out.
i guess my concern is that there is an associated link with bethel -and while i do not have any strong adverse feeling i regard to Bethel -or what it started out as (im probably less likely to adhere to what its becoming in contrast to what it started out as ) we have 2 particular ladies (who are also in leadership roles ) who are strongly influenced from that sphere of thinking . not so bad one the surface ,except i see this growing trend i so may places ... they like thier artistry .. thier icons . thier "doing of things "

how to say this hmm .. they encourage the many doing of things .. as long as that thing ..is NOT the actual speaking of the Gospel . and when this is pointed out i get all the usual EXCUSES as to why some (jst not them) are called to differing tasks other then the gospel .( i will start a thread on that sub topic as i think it is important ) they will put up prophetic pictures , prophesy ,speaks words of where god is taking the church etc ..sounds nice huh ? the only problem is they do all this in the ABSENCE of speaking the gospel .

they do ANYTHING as long as its not speaking the gospel .
so why my concern in regard to them screening sermons from THIS guy ? this guy is known for the "arts" spiritual artistic expression etc .. or ishort .. more pictures and painting less prayer and Gospel ..the trend continues

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
i guess my concern is that there is an associated link with bethel -and while i do not have any strong adverse feeling i regard to Bethel -or what it started out as (im probably less likely to adhere to what its becoming in contrast to what it started out as ) we have 2 particular ladies (who are also in leadership roles ) who are strongly influenced from that sphere of thinking . not so bad one the surface ,except i see this growing trend i so may places ... they like thier artistry .. thier icons . thier "doing of things "

how to say this hmm .. they encourage the many doing of things .. as long as that thing ..is NOT the actual speaking of the Gospel . and when this is pointed out i get all the usual EXCUSES as to why some (jst not them) are called to differing tasks other then the gospel .( i will start a thread on that sub topic as i think it is important ) they will put up prophetic pictures , prophesy ,speaks words of where god is taking the church etc ..sounds nice huh ? the only problem is they do all this in the ABSENCE of speaking the gospel .

they do ANYTHING as long as its not speaking the gospel .
so why my concern in regard to them screening sermons from THIS guy ? this guy is known for the "arts" spiritual artistic expression etc .. or ishort .. more pictures and painting less prayer and Gospel ..the trend continues

If there is an association with Bethel I'd urge extreme caution. I've seen what can happen when a church gets involved with them. The results seemed much as you described, people very long on feelings and short on Scripture, the context of Scripture got butchered to make a point that wasn't there, and people didn't want to compare anything to what Scripture said.

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
What is Bethel? Is this something like IHOP?:confused:

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Bethel is a church in Redding CA. Depending on your outlook they are a hugely anointed church or a hotbed of toxic theology.

You can probably guess which side I believe. I'm happy to discuss why but that would probably be better in another thread.

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Bethel is a church in Redding CA. Depending on your outlook they are a hugely anointed church or a hotbed of toxic theology.

You can probably guess which side I believe. I'm happy to discuss why but that would probably be better in another thread.

OK, I will start one.

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Alithis did you find anything on this guy?

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married

Alithis

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
yup thats the impression i got also

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I don't have an issue with motivational speakers as long as an essentially secular motivational message isn't presented as a Scriptural message.

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I don't have an issue with motivational speakers as long as an essentially secular motivational message isn't presented as a Scriptural message.

Some Christians have the spiritual gift of exhortation, and they are very good motivational speakers.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
after all isnt preaching aform of it

Top Bottom