so I know this forum is new but what do you like about it

dogs4thewin

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
One thing I LOVE about this particular forum is that the rules are simple, concise and each ( with the exception of the spamming rule backed by scripture. As for the spamming rule it would be a bit hard to come up with a scripture that applies. I LOVE that about this forum.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I love the people, the layout, and am excited to see what is done next

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I love how respectful people are being and that we don't have the constant barrage of ads in our faces! I also like the easy flow of the site.

MS140ukn

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
a few things, iam big fan of mybb platform. also even though iam not relegious, i have a sense that everyone here is friendly and respectful towards each other. plus the layout/color scheme is pleasing to my eyes. i have been on forums in past that allow profanity and disturbing images to be displayed and other shenanigans but here its more neutral. i see myself continuing to be an active member through next year.

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Atheist
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
In Relationship
I too like and am impressed with the respectful manner in which people conduct themselves here. I also like the way the administration is open to and responds positively to feedback and suggestions...I think this is vital for a site to thrive. Also vital is for the administration to continually look for ways to expand and improve the user experience, which I think we can all agree is obviously happening. :D

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
I like everything about the forums except some snarky remarks here and there.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
One thing I LOVE about this particular forum is that the rules are simple, concise and each ( with the exception of the spamming rule backed by scripture. As for the spamming rule it would be a bit hard to come up with a scripture that applies. I LOVE that about this forum.

Scripture is pretty silent on the subject of spamming it has to be said :)

I like simple rules. When rules get too complicated people end up getting endless infractions for ever-more trivial breaches, and before long the rules take on a life of their own and common sense slips out the back way while everyone is worrying about which rule got violated this time.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I love how respectful people are being and that we don't have the constant barrage of ads in our faces! I also like the easy flow of the site.

A lack of ads is a great thing.

One other site *cough* reminded me every single time I connected that I had ad blockers installed and asked whether I might consider disabling them. Of course I'll disable my ad blockers, so I can then pay the site for no benefit other than an ad-free experience - you know, the same benefit my ad blockers give me for free. Hmmm... maybe I should think about that for a minute. Tell you what, how about I don't and you come up with a better reason for me to give you my money.

MS140ukn

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
A lack of ads is a great thing.

One other site *cough* reminded me every single time I connected that I had ad blockers installed and asked whether I might consider disabling them. Of course I'll disable my ad blockers, so I can then pay the site for no benefit other than an ad-free experience - you know, the same benefit my ad blockers give me for free. Hmmm... maybe I should think about that for a minute. Tell you what, how about I don't and you come up with a better reason for me to give you my money.

and thats one thing i like about CH, no bothersome ads. i have adblock turned off, np.
blow-kiss-smiley-emoticon.gif

Lucian Hodoboc

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Maybe Lamb should consider adding ads to cover part of the hosting costs. 😳

@Romanos and I have an ad already running but it doesn't generate much of anything for us. We discussed allowing other sites to advertise directly with us, but never really followed through on it.

One thing that would be helpful is if members could sign up on Forum Promotion, make 10 posts and vote in the Site Battle Madness contest going on right now. If we win, the top prize is a lot of money that could help keep us running for a couple years.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
1. People respect each other.
2. People tend to be informed, articulate and helpful. I learn here.
3. Rules are few, intuitive and evangelically applied.
4. Staff seek to be helpful and non-political, not "nazi's" and biased as sometimes elsewhere.

Lucian Hodoboc

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes

Bluezone777

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Like how much? :unsure:
hundred and fifty dollars is the top prize with second being a hundred and third/fourth prize being 50 dollars. All of the amounts are in USD.

heavenslight

Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I find the forum to be contentious, weak on prayer, spiritual growth and edification.

Messy

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
I find the forum to be contentious, weak on prayer, spiritual growth and edification.
Why go to a forum for that? You can better go to church for that or for edification to that one forum with just preachings and no discussion other than Amen, great preaching. Maybe you like this one:

Last edited:

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Which other forums have you found to be doing better at each of those things?

heavenslight

Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I had reservations about making the initial comment but I also felt that it needed to be made. I prefer to avoid negativity whenever possible. I believe that answering your question would likely lead into an extended debate. Nor is my concern about other forums but this forum. I am also not sure that it would be helpful nor do i I have the time for lengthy debates. My comment can be interpreted by the reader of this thread as to it's meaning.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I had reservations about making the initial comment but I also felt that it needed to be made. I prefer to avoid negativity whenever possible. I believe that answering your question would likely lead into an extended debate. Nor is my concern about other forums but this forum. I am also not sure that it would be helpful nor do i I have the time for lengthy debates. My comment can be interpreted by the reader of this thread as to it's meaning.
Uh, you already have chosen to raise those issues...and not in a noticeably "unnegative" way. ;)
For one thing, the question asked what was right about CH, not what was lacking.

Anyhow, this doesn't appear to be worth any further discussion or action. Don't worry,

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Duly noted. But not everyone feels that way and I know this site has been a great blessing to others, so I will do what God has guided me to do and that's to keep this place open for a long time.

Top Bottom