driving at night

MS140ukn

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
wondering if anyone else suffers from night blindness? i have hard time driving nights. i try avoid it whenever possible. my eyes become blurred and irritated. been like that all my life. :scared:

dogs4thewin

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
wondering if anyone else suffers from night blindness? i have hard time driving nights. i try avoid it whenever possible. my eyes become blurred and irritated. been like that all my life. :scared:
Well, I cannot drive at all, but I do know some people who will not drive at night unless they HAVE to.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I don't have night blindness but I don't like driving late at night when I'm really sleepy. In the winter, daylight hours are limited so my husband and I leave for work in the dark and return home on the dark. That's so depressing!

dogs4thewin

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
I don't have night blindness but I don't like driving late at night when I'm really sleepy. In the winter, daylight hours are limited so my husband and I leave for work in the dark and return home on the dark. That's so depressing!
Yeah, my uncle does not like driving at night and he goes to work I think it is like 4:30 or 5 in the morning and usually works between 8 and 12 hours so his wife takes him and picks him up. He has eye issues, so one day before retirement age he will probably have to step down from the saw mill. That is a job, of course that REQUIRES decent eyesight, but he will not do it until he has NO choice.

MS140ukn

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
would you guys call it a disability?

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Atheist
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don't think I would personally label it a disability, but night blindness could a symptom of an eye disease. Have you spoken to an opthamologist about your symptoms?

MS140ukn

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I don't think I would personally label it a disability, but night blindness could a symptom of an eye disease. Have you spoken to an opthamologist about your symptoms?

wow, it never really crossed my mind whenever i go to a checkup. thx, ill do it later this year -for annual checkup exam

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Atheist
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
In Relationship
wow, it never really crossed my mind whenever i go to a checkup. thx, ill do it later this year -for annual checkup exam

When I go for checkups, I have to take a written list of issues/concerns with me, because when the doctor asks me if there is anything I would like to discuss, without a list my mind goes blank because I just want to get out of there. :)

MS140ukn

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
i dont really like going to doctors checkups..but its something we all must face lol

Forgiven1

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I don't have night blindness, but I do have issues with glare. I do have a non glare tint on my glasses which help a little. If I am tired and am in an area with lots of traffic, I will opt not to drive, but that is also due to the unfamiliarity of the area along with the glare.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Not something I suffer from myself. If anything I usually prefer driving at night (in quieter areas) because the lights give an indication of what might be around the next bend. I know animals in the road don't have lights on them but at least you get an early warning that something is there.

One thing that really bugs me is in busier areas, when it's dark and your eyes have adjusted to the low light, if you wave someone through a gap and they thank you by flashing their high beams. You know, my eyes got used to the darkness and you put two floodlights right in my face. Thanks ever so much. What I took to doing (after seeing someone else do it, and realising what a Jolly Good Idea it was) was to replace the flashing beams with a brief dip of the headlights. It's just as easy to dip from headlights to sidelights for a second and then put the normal lights back on, it's clear what it means, and it doesn't blind anybody.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
The lights at night tend to bother me but I can still drive, I dont do much night driving though

MS140ukn

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
once after coming home from long weekend at south lake tahoe in nevada, i was forced to drive late night because of an impending snow storm..i dont know how i did it but i did. so many miles covered, with glazed eyes. i had to use eye drops multiple times and wipe eyes with wet cloth

Top Bottom