A Shiatsu massager

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
I just let this massager massage my neck and it feels better now. Do any of you use devices to massage your neck or back or body?

MS140ukn

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
odd this ruth, we have an old shiatsu model like yours. the nodes rotate around, massaging neck and shoulders..but i dont use it because it hurts lol. this particular model is at least 8 years old. and its still works.

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
odd this ruth, we have an old shiatsu model like yours. the nodes rotate around, massaging neck and shoulders..but i dont use it because it hurts lol. this particular model is at least 8 years old. and its still works.

It hurt at first when I used it and then my neck felt better. It is an old one, too.

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I tried it. It hurt. I stopped. Now I use a T.E.N.S. I like it better. It works.

ValleyGal

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I don't use massage devices, but would sell my eye teeth to pay for personal shiatsu treatments. I like shiatsu much more than regular relaxation or therapeutic massage. Personal shiatsu treatments include not only "leaning" pressure on "tsubos" (sp?), but also very therapeutic passive stretching. It's one of my favourite natural health modalities.

I do have a tens machine though... for my feet. I use it almost every night. It really helps with my night time muscle cramps and restless legs.

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
I'm glad the TENS are helping you. That shiatisu treatment sounds nice, too.

MS140ukn

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
my mom used to goto shiatsu sessions, where each session, you'd have to pay $45.00 but that was 10 years ago..now? maybe $65.00. it was a private club of sorts. private, one-on-one tend to be more expensive than regular public ones me thinks

visionary

Religious Affiliation
Messianic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I don't use massage devices, but would sell my eye teeth to pay for personal shiatsu treatments. I like shiatsu much more than regular relaxation or therapeutic massage. Personal shiatsu treatments include not only "leaning" pressure on "tsubos" (sp?), but also very therapeutic passive stretching. It's one of my favourite natural health modalities.

I do have a tens machine though... for my feet. I use it almost every night. It really helps with my night time muscle cramps and restless legs.
Magnesium deficiency

ValleyGal

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Magnesium deficiency

I have been getting leg and foot cramps since I was a child. I've tried magnesium, calcium, zinc, potassium....you name it, I've tried it. It is not a vitamin or mineral deficiency. No doctors can figure it out, but evidently, I am not alone...there are a lot of other people who get leg cramps for no apparent reason. It was always worse if I had exercised harder than usual that day, or if I had been for a swim. My foot tens does a pretty good job of minimizing cramping.

ValleyGal

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
my mom used to goto shiatsu sessions, where each session, you'd have to pay $45.00 but that was 10 years ago..now? maybe $65.00. it was a private club of sorts. private, one-on-one tend to be more expensive than regular public ones me thinks
Where I live, it's upward of $100 per session. The classier spas charge even more. That's probably why someone came out with those cool shiatsu massage rollers like Ruth has. I think they are a good idea.

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
I read the notice on my Shiatsu Massager. It says if it is too strong to put a towel on it. I am going to try that next time.

Top Bottom