Cycling around

bubbleteagirl

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
It's sooo hard to have a hobby lately to get my mind off some stuff. Any suggestions? Please no arts and crafts believe me i've tried that already.

Sent from my SM-J610G using Tapatalk

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
It's sooo hard to have a hobby lately to get my mind off some stuff. Any suggestions? Please no arts and crafts believe me i've tried that already.

Sometimes going for a long walk can be good to clear the head. I've done that a few times over the years.

Maybe try number puzzles, logic puzzles, something that makes you think deeply about something else? If you get on with that sort of thing you could try writing computer software - that often gets to points where you really have to think in a lot of detail about something.

Depending on your space/budget/etc you could think about woodworking. I don't know if that comes under "arts and crafts" for you. You'd need to spend a little money to get started but not necessarily a whole lot, and it's really pleasing when you finish your first project. My wife reminded me the other day that it's a year since I made the coffee table we use when we drink coffee on the porch. That in turn is a reminder to get on with my next project....

bubbleteagirl

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Sometimes going for a long walk can be good to clear the head. I've done that a few times over the years.

Maybe try number puzzles, logic puzzles, something that makes you think deeply about something else? If you get on with that sort of thing you could try writing computer software - that often gets to points where you really have to think in a lot of detail about something.

Depending on your space/budget/etc you could think about woodworking. I don't know if that comes under "arts and crafts" for you. You'd need to spend a little money to get started but not necessarily a whole lot, and it's really pleasing when you finish your first project. My wife reminded me the other day that it's a year since I made the coffee table we use when we drink coffee on the porch. That in turn is a reminder to get on with my next project....
Hmmm thanks! I will try looking into that.

Top Bottom