I’m cursed

Bungleistic

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I wish I could experience one relationship, just one… I’m 24 [staff edit of profanity] years old and I’ve never experienced one relationship let alone ever been in love but yet I see people getting into them every single day with ease!!!! I’m cursed and my life is a total waste. It’s (no profanity) worthless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I wish I could experience one relationship, just one… I’m 24 [staff edit of profanity] years old and I’ve never experienced one relationship let alone ever been in love but yet I see people getting into them every single day with ease!!!! I’m cursed and my life is a total waste. It’s (no profanity) worthless.

You aren't cursed and your life is not a waste. At 24 years old you're still very young so what are you doing to get out there and meet girls?

Fritz Kobus

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I was in a similar situation in my youth and it is very frustrating. After I was born again, I decided that if I was to get married then God would make it happen, so basically I just quit focusing on it. Then after a few years I met my wife. Marriage is a tough road though considering our sinful state and how much you have to give up to maintain a healthy relationship. Having the right partner for marriage is critical, so certainly sharing the same views theologically, and I dare say politically.

Now all that does not necessarily make you feel any better, and I understand that. But our wedding announcements quoted Matthew 6:33: "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." We figured we found each other because both of us were focused on the Kingdom of God. We met at a pro-life rally at my church.

Bungleistic

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
I’ll never meet someone even if I forget about it because I’m (no profanity) cursed.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I’ll never meet someone even if I forget about it because I’m (no profanity) cursed.

Why would any potential girlfriend take a chance on someone who writes the kind of defeatist, self-absorbed, angry, and vulgar posts as you have presented to every reader of these forums?

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Some people jump in and out of relationships. Others prefer to wait for someone more special and make it last a while longer. A guy I knew very well in my younger years didn't get married until well into his 30s and only seldom dated before then. He and his wife have been married nearly 40 years now. It took him a while to find "Miss Right" but it was worth the wait.

Other people end up with one failed relationship after another after another. I'm not sure how that counts as being "blessed".

atpollard

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Learn to make friends.
Practice being part of a group and BEING a friend to other people.
Set aside “dating” as the immediate goal and pursue ‘basic competency’ in human interaction.
Join a Bible Study and a Bowling League.
Volunteer at some place that helps people.

Learn to “give” before you look for someone from whom you can “take” to fill your needs.

[Philippians 2NKJV]
1 Therefore if [there is] any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and mercy, 2 fulfill my joy by being like-minded, having the same love, [being] of one accord, of one mind. 3 [Let] nothing [be done] through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. 4 Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others.

Bungleistic

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Learn to make friends.
Practice being part of a group and BEING a friend to other people.
Set aside “dating” as the immediate goal and pursue ‘basic competency’ in human interaction.
Join a Bible Study and a Bowling League.
Volunteer at some place that helps people.

Learn to “give” before you look for someone from whom you can “take” to fill your needs.

[Philippians 2NKJV]
1 Therefore if [there is] any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and mercy, 2 fulfill my joy by being like-minded, having the same love, [being] of one accord, of one mind. 3 [Let] nothing [be done] through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. 4 Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others.

I’m cursed. I’m 24 and have never had one thing with a woman. Not a relationship, not anything. If you’re cursed to be alone and never get the relationship experience while anyone else who wants it can get it with the snap of a finger, then nothing matters. Reread this paragraph and understand it. I’m cursed.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I’m cursed. I’m 24 and have never had one thing with a woman. Not a relationship, not anything. If you’re cursed to be alone and never get the relationship experience while anyone else who wants it can get it with the snap of a finger, then nothing matters. Reread this paragraph and understand it. I’m cursed.

If you keep saying you're cursed as a response to anything, how do you expect anything will ever improve?

Fritz Kobus

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I know it can be hard to get out of a depressive rut like you are in, but it will lead you nowhere. You have to take charge and make changes. And the one person you can change is yourself. In the sermon I heard last Sunday, the minister said, "I think youth should spend more time thinking about becoming the right person, and less time thinking about meeting the right person." I believe that is great advice. In my case I had an awful lot of improving to do from someone who practically flunked high school to the person I was when I met my wife at age 32.

Top Bottom