Jazzy

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
A 33-year-old Florida mom is facing child cruelty charges after she tried to sell her 18-month-old daughter to a stranger, according to investigators.

A witness reports the suspect drew attention to herself by “loitering around a local business with her 18-month-old daughter” for several days, police said.

“An anonymous citizen made contact with (the woman) and asked if she and the child needed any assistance,” police said.

“(The mom) told the citizen she did not need anything but, offered to sell the child to the citizen for $500. When the citizen refused to purchase the child, (the mom) walked away, leaving her daughter behind.”

Read more

Ok so if someone offers to sell their kid to me, and I agree just to get the child out of the hands of someone willing to sell them, and immediately call the police, have I committed a crime?

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Read more

Ok so if someone offers to sell their kid to me, and I agree just to get the child out of the hands of someone willing to sell them, and immediately call the police, have I committed a crime?

I don't know if it's a crime unless money is actually exchanged. You can't buy someone's child because you think the child is in danger.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The mom looks like she uses drugs which is probably what she wanted the money for. It is amazing how people will put their drug seeking behavior over everything else including their own child. I wouldn't try to buy the child from the mom though. I think you could get into trouble for that, but rather just calling the police and let them know what happened

Forgiven1

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
You would have to check the laws of the state to see if you commit a crime for doing this.

Top Bottom