Jazzy

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
What do you do with books you know you will never read again?

Forgiven1

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
When we moved, we downsized. We let go most of our library as we knew we would not have room. Sold some and donated others to the local library.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Most books have no cash value to speak of so if I'm not going to read a book again I usually donate it to the library or the thrift shop. If it's in a sorry state the chances are I'll throw it out.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
either sell them for store credit at a used book store or give to Goodwill

Jazzy

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I always donate my books to goodwill or thrift stores.

Lees

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
What do you do with books you know you will never read again?

I seldom, seldom, have books that I just 'read'. Fiction does nothing for me. The books must be of some Christian , or historical, or religious, or scientific, or political nature. Thus the books I have are for the purpose of gaining some understanding in our world. Thus they become reference material. So, why would I ever part with them? They are invaluable to me.

Plus, no book store would want my books. I have an obsession to underline, as I read, in order to find the information faster, later. I also write my opinions in the margins, in no uncertain terms, which book stores don't like.

My problem is that I often loan books out to others, but never get them back. And, I can't always remember to whom I loaned them. Christians are great 'book keepers'. So I, quite often, when I find a very useful book, will also buy two copies, knowing I will probably loan it out and never see it again.

Many of the books I have are antagonistic to my beliefs. What better way to know how to talk or address, or debate someone, then to know what and why they say it? Thus they too are invaluable to me. But, of course, I have some choice words for them in the margins.

Bottom line, in answer to your question, I don't have any such books as you describe.

Lees

Top Bottom