inherited sins

visionary

Religious Affiliation
Messianic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
When it talks about the sins of the fathers, it is talking about the habits within the family that are carried on, not that the father's sins themselves are in the son.

Pedrito

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Is There a Clearly Defined Scriptural Answer?

I assume visionary knows that Mathew in Chapter 1 of his gospel, listed only 14 of the 17 kings in the period from David to the deportation. That fitted his purpose of emphasising three periods of 14.

The minor question is, does anyone know why the number 14 seemed so important to emphasise.

The major question is, was Matthew fudging the figures, dishonestly manipulating the list and thus proving the Bible to be not the inerrant (and therefore not the inspired) Word of God? Or did he leave the names out because he was specifically commanded to by God?

If the latter, how and where in the Scriptures that Matthew had access to, did God set the command?

The major question has strong significance with respect to, and the answer will throw clear light on, the topic.

(Please don't ask me for the easy answer. My posts sometimes aim to help serious students of the Bible identify themselves. Those who are willing to do the work are they. They will be blessed for their endeavours. I may offer some clues if people demonstrate that they have made some effort.)

visionary

Religious Affiliation
Messianic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I would love you to start a thread on this because I would love to see how it goes on its own. I would also like my thread to stay focus.

Top Bottom