Shop

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Maybe it is just me and my tech illiteracy. IMHO the shop is not user friendly. I admit ignorance on these types of things, but, there are no instructions,, descriptions, or no trouble shooting tips to help users with their purchases.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I must admit I am not the best at this but having bought a few things am gaining in literacy on it

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I must admit I am not the best at this but having bought a few things am gaining in literacy on it

Thanks Bill, but that does not help me. I have tried twice now and was unsuccessful. Romanos helped me the first time. but, the second time I just gave up and cancelled.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Thanks Bill, but that does not help me. I have tried twice now and was unsuccessful. Romanos helped me the first time. but, the second time I just gave up and cancelled.

What are you trying to do with the shop. .. what are you trying to buy and configure?

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
What are you trying to do with the shop. .. what are you trying to buy and configure?

Hi Tango. I want to learn how to operate the shop by myself. I don't want you to do it for me. Do you have a tutorial?

George

Tis Theos Megas
Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Hi Tango. I want to learn how to operate the shop by myself. I don't want you to do it for me. Do you have a tutorial?

I have plans to create a tutorial.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes

I wasn't going to do it for you, I was going to see if I could figure it out and let you know how to do it pending the completion of George's tutorial.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
You're right that the Shop isn't easy to figure out!! Try setting it up on Admin CP :juggle:

George will be working on this and he'll do an amazing job.

In the meantime, if you are trying to do something specific and want step by step instructions on it then let George know in here and he can do that one first?

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
You're right that the Shop isn't easy to figure out!! Try setting it up on Admin CP :juggle:

George will be working on this and he'll do an amazing job.

In the meantime, if you are trying to do something specific and want step by step instructions on it then let George know in here and he can do that one first?

Thanks Lam. What is Admin CP ?

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Thanks Lam. What is Admin CP ?

Admin CP is a Really Cool Toy that only the admins get to play with. It lets you do all sorts of fun stuff, configuring the board etc. You also get the coolest Big Pointy Ban Stick to use on people who aren't nice to you :)

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Admin CP is a Really Cool Toy that only the admins get to play with. It lets you do all sorts of fun stuff, configuring the board etc. You also get the coolest Big Pointy Ban Stick to use on people who aren't nice to you :)

That's somewhat of a decent explanation LOL

I have some special permissions, but not all permissions in the Admin CP. I can make some changes to the site or look up information. GenesisGirl and Romanos set up the shop and I have tried to do some stuff in there but it's confusing sometimes.

We have the option of adding more things to the shop, but some things we don't like and others really can't be done. If someone has an idea for the Shop, let us know and we'll see if it can be accomplished?

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I am not Admin. How does it help me?

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

The Admin CP is only for Admins to use. I was explaining some of the things I am able to do in there to help the site function. The Shop settings are in the Admin CP so I can make changes in there when needed.

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower

That doesn't work with me. I told some staff at the other place that I am un-bannable but I don't think they believed me. Only my name is ban able. My socks are suspects, and I know for a fact that they have banned people thinking it was me when it was not.

All part of the plan. :smirk:

FYI: No socks on the other board for around 7½ months now. :)

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes

You get to imagine all the cool stuff you can do when wielding the Mighty Admin Powers that are unleashed when you get permissions to play with the Admin CP.

You'd be in good company (or so some would say) because most of us (mods included) don't get to play with the Admin CP. I only know about it because I was an admin on a board like this some years ago. When I was given the password to it the owner of the board made it very clear we had to be very sure what we were doing and to ask if we weren't sure, because the Admin CP gave us enough power to break the board.

But back to the shop. If you say what you're trying to do I'm happy to see if I can figure it out, then post a step-by-step guide for you. If I'm feeling really nice I'll let George borrow it for his Big Friendly Manual.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
That doesn't work with me. I told some staff at the other place that I am un-bannable but I don't think they believed me. Only my name is ban able. My socks are suspects, and I know for a fact that they have banned people thinking it was me when it was not.

All part of the plan. :smirk:

FYI: No socks on the other board for around 7½ months now. :)

There are ways and means, if you understand the Mighty Admin Tools. Not entirely goof proof but the chance of false hits can be reduced in a few ways.

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
There are ways and means, if you understand the Mighty Admin Tools. Not entirely goof proof but the chance of false hits can be reduced in a few ways.

That might sound like a challenge but alas, this board is too sparsely populated for me to remain undetected for long. I know the ways and means. Mighty Admin tools do not intimidate me. There was one Admin at the other place who was expert at finding me though - and he had to rely on tools that do not belong to the Administration class.

He is a member here. Under a different name. But he is not active at the moment.

George

Tis Theos Megas
Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
That might sound like a challenge but alas, this board is too sparsely populated for me to remain undetected for long. I know the ways and means. Mighty Admin tools do not intimidate me. There was one Admin at the other place who was expert at finding me though - and he had to rely on tools that do not belong to the Administration class.

He is a member here. Under a different name. But he is not active at the moment.

Ah, the memories.

The Admin CP is such a fun place.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes

No point regarding it as a challenge from me, since I don't have access to the Admin CP here.

Top Bottom