Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
What happened to the candidate's platforms? Suddenly we hear nothing about how they will change the country and we hear about women coming forward to accuse Trump.

Here's a snip that bothers me:
"Zervos claims he later kissed her "very aggressively and placed his hand on my breast." Zervos said she still had dinner with Trump and later called him to inquire about getting a job." http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/14/politics/trump-women-accusers/index.html

Seriously? She STILL went to dinner with him and called him about getting a job? She lost all credibility with me on that.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
In the debates Hillary Clinton presented in broad-brush strokes how she will handle cyber-espionage, the economy, external threats & wars, Universal medical cover, emergency calls late at night and so forth. Donald Trump on the other hand mentioned that he has secret policies for many of those things.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
So did Hitler

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
Trump doesn't need to rape someone. They fall for him just like that, just like he told his friend and just like all those people fall for voting for him.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Don't women tend to flock to powerful, rich men to see what they can get from them? He's probably so used to it that when a woman who doesn't think that way approaches him he still does the same thing thinking that she's no different from the rest.

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
Don't women tend to flock to powerful, rich men to see what they can get from them? He's probably so used to it that when a woman who doesn't think that way approaches him he still does the same thing thinking that she's no different from the rest.

Yes. She could have been very naive, but then still you can't accuse him of abuse or rape, unless she hit him or screamed or something. It's disgusting, but actually I have never met a guy who acted differently than Trump. Good thing about Trump is that he's honest about it, that's not dangerous. You can just say: no thanks, not gonna be in a room with you alone. Those holy Bible verse spouting ones who do the exact same thing are dangerous.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
It's scary to think that Donald Trump will get lots of votes.

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
It's scary to think that Donald Trump will get lots of votes.

Yes but I'm not very fond of Hillary either. Why don't they protest or something to get a normal candidate.
We had a guy like that here years ago, a right populist. He was immensely popular and would become prime minister. But then someone shot him because he protected those animals they make coats from and he wanted to make it legal. Now we have another one but he doesn't have much to say, same weird hair as Trump.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Yes but I'm not very fond of Hillary either. Why don't they protest or something to get a normal candidate.

It's too late for that. The republicans and democrats had than chance last year and earlier this year.

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
And if all the christians would protest and vote for an independant candidate? There's a lot of christians in America.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
And if all the christians would protest and vote for an independant candidate? There's a lot of christians in America.

Christians differ too much for that to happen. Look at the threads here in CH. I am a Catholic and so is Highlander and we are very far apart on this issue. I think similar differences will exist across all denominations, churches, and meetings.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Suddenly we hear nothing about how they will change the country and we hear about women coming forward to accuse Trump

I understand it's not unusual in political campaigns to have the "last minute bombshells" - something very juicy that is stated in the last 2 to 4 weeks of the campaign (so as to be too late to get carefully investigated). The prof I had in Poli Sci spoke of this and counseled us to completely ignore anything brought up in the last month of a compaign, by anyone.

Hillary has lowered herself to such. I don't know why - she's significantly ahead in the polls but politics can get very dirty even when the outcome really isn't in question. Mug slinging flies in the final few weeks.

MoreCoffee said:
I am a Catholic and so is Highlander and we are very far apart on this issue

But Highlander is an American. You are Australian. Makes all the difference in the world for a US election.

- Josiah

Top Bottom