Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
On October 16, the "Voter's Guide for Catholics" in the bulletin of Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in San Diego stated to its members that "Satan is working through Hillary Clinton." "It is a mortal sin to vote Democrat... immediately after death the souls of those who die in mortal sin will descend into hell."

These were among the declarations in the "Voter's Guide for Catholics" inserted into the October 16 church bulletin. They were largely repeated in the October 30 Sunday worship bulletin. In the sermon, Father Richard Perozich did not specifically mention the bulletins or the voter's guide but stated that it is a mortal sin to vote for one who support abortion, same gender marriage, euthanasia, human cloning and embryonic stem-cell research - all issues Clinton does support, but he did not specifically mention either presidential candidate or party.

Source: The San Diego Union-Tribune November 3, 2016 Section one, page one. http://enewspaper.sandiegouniontrib...px?pubid=ee84df93-f3c1-463c-a82f-1ab095a198ca

Last edited:

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
So much for seperation of church and state, they should lose their tax exempt status for that one

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
http://ic-sandiego.org/bulletin/

How can that be when I searched their website and found the bulletin and there is nothing written on October 16, 2016 about Hilary Clinton at all?

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I checked the October 30 bulletin too and nothing there from those quotes in the OP.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Last edited:

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
These were among the declarations in the church newsletter, in a section entitled "Voter's Guide for Catholics." They were largely repeated in the October 30 Sunday worship bulletin.

Largely repeated in the Oct. 30 worship bulletin. Did I find the wrong church? It's possible.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
On October 16, the "Voter's Guide for Catholics" in the bulletin of Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in San Diego stated to its members that "Satan is working through Hillary Clinton." "It is a mortal sin to vote Democrat... immediately after death the souls of those who die in mortal sin will descend into hell."

These were among the declarations in the "Voter's Guide for Catholics" inserted into the October 16 church bulletin. They were largely repeated in the October 30 Sunday worship bulletin. In the sermon, Father Richard Perozich did not specifically mention the bulletins or the voter's guide but stated that it is a mortal sin to vote for one who support abortion, same gender marriage, euthanasia, human cloning and embryonic stem-cell research - all issues Clinton does support, but he did not specifically mention either presidential candidate or party.

Source: The San Diego Union-Tribune November 3, 2016 Section one, page one. http://enewspaper.sandiegouniontrib...px?pubid=ee84df93-f3c1-463c-a82f-1ab095a198ca

That parish church is in trouble! :p

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Thanks! I hadn't seen the actual Guide....

This is getting a LOT of discussion in the San Diego area - on radio, on TV, around the water cooler. I read a lengthy article from a law prof. talking about this (seems actually, there's no legal or government issues with this guide). The Bishop here (a very good man) seems to be handling this well - I agree completely with everything he's said. Lots of Catholics weighing in - some to defend and shout that FINALLY the RCC is giving some bold teaching, other Catholics shouting that the RCC needs to stick to religion. It's all causes quite a local stir, although I haven't noticed it get any attention nationally.

- Josiah

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
The copyright is 2012 on that guide. Nowhere is Satan mentioned in the guide. Or Democrat. Or hell.

Never let the facts get in the way of a good fiction :p

The other fact is that it is a product of a private apologetics group Catholic Answers not anything produced by the Church hierarchy.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Of course if they know of things like this and stay silent that is the same as agreeing with it. If they didnt think it was good form they would say so

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Atheist
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
In Relationship
Of course if they know of things like this and stay silent that is the same as agreeing with it. If they didnt think it was good form they would say so

The Church hierarchy may have more pressing matters than to attend to every view stated by every private group that unofficially affiliates itself with the Church. I don't see a lack of response to disagree as necessarily being agreement. I think if one wants to know the Church's official position on something, they should directly address the Church hierarchy itself.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
The Church hierarchy may have more pressing matters than to attend to every view stated by every private group that unofficially affiliates itself with the Church. I don't see a lack of response to disagree as necessarily being agreement. I think if one wants to know the Church's official position on something, they should directly address the Church hierarchy itself.

I can't recall seeing an encyclical about the unreality of the tooth fairy. The lack of such does not imply that the Holy See recommends belief in the tooth fairy. Psalms 91 appears to be mistaken.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
When leadership remains silent in an area that is wrong then they are also guilty. I understand they cannot control private content but when someone comes off as official for the church then the church needs to clearly state that they are not orelse there will be confusion concerning that group

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Atheist
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
In Relationship
I disagree that the Church should be counted as guilty of accepting responsibility for a claim they do not explicitly confirm or deny. :D

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
When leadership remains silent in an area that is wrong then they are also guilty. I understand they cannot control private content but when someone comes off as official for the church then the church needs to clearly state that they are not orelse there will be confusion concerning that group

Catholic Answers does not come off as official to any Catholic.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The copyright is 2012 on that guide. Nowhere is Satan mentioned in the guide. Or Democrat. Or hell.

Seems the link is to a wrong voter's guide. Thanks for cateching that, Lamm

BTW, this continues to be a "hot" issue in San Diego..... it's being spoken of RIGHT NOW as I type these words, the news reporting on all this again on TV.

Top Bottom