Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
A Newsworthy Event of something supposed to have happened in the last 10 years.

According to this News Event

NEWS! Perth, Australia was completely engulfed in flames. Every square inch and then some. Similarly, large fires raged across other parts of Australia, and on the East Coasts of Queensland and southern coast of Victoria. Many many fires raged across the largely uninhabited central areas of Australia.

Perhaps the greatest and strangest thing about the bush-fires was that at one point, the entire Port Phillip Bay on the Coast of Victoria was engulfed in flames. I mean the Bay part, the water was on fire!!!!

Does this sound like a real news event to you? There is a part 2 to this, but I just want to ask you if it would seem real or likely just on the words I used here.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
No, not real news because a true journalist would never say "many many" or speak in first person. ;)

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
No, not real news because a true journalist would never say "many many" or speak in first person. ;)

Thank you for your response. Other than using first person - is there anything else you see wrong with the statement in red?

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I see that it says every inch of Australia was on fire, even the watedr at the port/ Obviously this is a lie because water does not burn unless there is something like napalm in it and Australia was never evacuated of people so not every inch could have burned.

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
I see that it says every inch of Australia was on fire, even the watedr at the port/ Obviously this is a lie because water does not burn unless there is something like napalm in it and Australia was never evacuated of people so not every inch could have burned.

Good, you spotted 2 more things that cast doubt on the words in red. Although "every square inch" refers to Perth, Australia, not Australia as a whole. But such an event is unlikely - much of the world would have heard about it. Also, the words in red don't mention anything that might make water burn or seem to burn - like large amounts of oil in it or something. No, supposedly "bush fires" made the whole Port Phillip Bay burn, for no reason.

Waiting for more responses, especially from [MENTION=60]MoreCoffee[/MENTION].

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
While we are waiting for MoreCoffee and others to state what they observe...

Please look up Port Phillip Bay (in Victoria, Australia) , and Perth, Western Australia to find these places on a map and familiarize yourselves with these locations.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
A Newsworthy Event of something supposed to have happened in the last 10 years.

According to this News Event

NEWS! Perth, Australia was completely engulfed in flames. Every square inch and then some. Similarly, large fires raged across other parts of Australia, and on the East Coasts of Queensland and southern coast of Victoria. Many many fires raged across the largely uninhabited central areas of Australia.

Perhaps the greatest and strangest thing about the bush-fires was that at one point, the entire Port Phillip Bay on the Coast of Victoria was engulfed in flames. I mean the Bay part, the water was on fire!!!!

Does this sound like a real news event to you? There is a part 2 to this, but I just want to ask you if it would seem real or likely just on the words I used here.

Looks like a severe case of hyperbolic overstatement mixed with lies.

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Looks like a severe case of hyperbolic overstatement mixed with lies.

Thank you for your response. I quite agree.

Is there anyone else that would like to answer? I think I may leave this up either a few hours or until tomorrow before I include part 2.

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes
What is a 'news event'?

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
What is a 'news event'?

Something new that is supposed to have happened. If "old news", then it may be news to an individual, but old in the sense that it happened some time ago.

What do you make of the statement in red? If you read it online, just based on the words, would you find it credible or believable on the words alone?

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Now I am going to add an image to the "news event" that is in red in my opening post.

This image is unedited from the source I got it except for the markings "Perth" and "Port Phillip Bay" with arrows showing their locations:

vqt8d.png

Question, does the image make the story more believable?

Last edited:

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Now I am going to add an image to the "news event" that is in red in my opening post.

This image is unedited from the source I got it except for the markings "Perth" and "Port Phillip Bay" with arrows showing their locations:

vqt8d.png

Perth and Port Philip bay have street lights, is the image a night time image from a satellite? If it is then the street lights (and other lighting) may account for the brightness in both locations.

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Perth and Port Philip bay have street lights, is the image a night time image from a satellite? If it is then the street lights (and other lighting) may account for the brightness in both locations.

Are street lights and night fires indistinguishable?

Further - are there street lights that would illuminate the whole body of water that is the Port Phillip Bay - and just that part so that the surrounding areas are relatively dark by comparison? :)

Further - are the areas lit in the central to western area of Australia due to street lights as well? These are largely uninhabited areas.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Are street lights and night fires indistinguishable?

I don't see enough detail in the image you posted to know what is a street lit city and what is some other source of light (perhaps fires?). It is not clear because the image has insufficient resolution to see a difference.
Further - are there street lights that would illuminate the whole body of water that is the Port Phillip Bay - and just that part so that the surrounding areas are relatively dark by comparison? :)

Further - are the areas lit in the central to western area of Australia due to street lights as well? These are largely uninhabited areas.

The image does not show the bay's water as being alight.

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
I don't see enough detail in the image you posted to know what is a street lit city and what is some other source of light (perhaps fires?). It is not clear because the image has insufficient resolution to see a difference.

The image does not show the bay's water as being alight.

To bolded part, yes - it does, to a large extent:

vJ2ec.png

compare with:

vqt8d.png

The lit part is just above and right of the curve shown on the first pic.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
It looks like the lighted area is as I've indicated below. The water is not alight.
attachment.php

InkedClipboard01_LI.jpg

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes
The story is on the internet.
There's even pictures.
It must be true. :smashfreakb:

Last edited:

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Last edited:

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Image source:

https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/NPP/news/aus-fires.html#.UelnouBmW9d

Please notice the date - the year - 2012. This image is supposed to come from late 2012. The article says it's a composite from 9 days in April, and 13 days in October of 2012

However, according to these 2 sources, there are no bushfires in Australia in 2012 in these months at all, let alone ones that engulf whole cities and bay water!

https://www.wunderground.com/blog/weatherhistorian/australian-bushfire-wildfire-history
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bushfires_in_Australia#External_links

So now that the source has been revealed, do you believe their bs story? Read it carefully - it was concocted to answer the questions people were asking about there being so many lights in the uninhabited parts of Australia. This massive and multi placed "bushfire" story didn't make the news or part of the ongoing records of bushfires in Australia

Last edited:
Top Bottom