Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Does anyone like Taize music/chanting?

Here is the history of it:
The community, though Western European in origin, has sought to include people and traditions worldwide. They have sought to demonstrate this in the music and prayers where songs are sung in many languages, and have included chants and icons from the Eastern Orthodox tradition. The music emphasizes simple phrases, usually lines from Psalms or other pieces of Scripture, repeated and sometimes also sung in canon.[14] Earlier Taizé community music was conceived and composed by Jacques Berthier.[15] Later Joseph Gelineau became a major contributor to the music.[15]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taizé_Community

The music is very repetitive which I normally don't like, but it's done in a calming manner so having it play in the background as I surf is nice.

IACOBVS

Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Liberal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Some of it is ok, but much of it is as mind-numbing as most of the repetitive, so-called contemporary music that is out there. Both can have the danger of working on the emotions and never touching one's spirit, let alone one's mind.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Some of it is ok, but much of it is as mind-numbing as most of the repetitive, so-called contemporary music that is out there. Both can have the danger of working on the emotions and never touching one's spirit, let alone one's mind.

I totally agree!! I love to sing so listening to some of the harmonies is enjoyable for me :)

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Tender, beautiful melody.

But at around 3 minutes I'm tired of it and the mood is sort of ruined by the lack of any new substantial material. The little variants provided by the guitar dancing around the static structure don't give the variety that I'm looking for at this point.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Tender, beautiful melody.

But at around 3 minutes I'm tired of it and the mood is sort of ruined by the lack of any new substantial material. The little variants provided by the guitar dancing around the static structure don't give the variety that I'm looking for at this point.

On its own as an instrumental, yes, that piece is very pretty but what helps is knowing the psalm to sing the words in the head to the music :) I only know parts of that psalm. I loved being in a choir because I knew tons of music and the majority was straight out of scripture. So when I'm talking to someone about the bible I know of verses but most of them are in song ;)

I posted this one yesterday on CH in the Christian Music thread. I want to learn all the verses in the other languages! I like singing music when I'm cleaning my house (which is often) so something like this would definitely stick in my head:

Top Bottom