Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Donald is under investigation for obstruction of Justice.

Can we impeach him yet?

:smirk:

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
nope got to prove it

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
So do I and I would love to see it but there just isnt enough there. Remember that the ones who would try hiom are Republicans in the majority so it had better be some really good evidence

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The bigger problem is that because he is so disliked and has such a toxic personality that nothing seems like it is going to get done and we basically have a lame duck President for the next 3.5 years

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
IMO, for some (perhaps 99% of those in the press), he's just GOTTA be super guilty of something terrible.... and they'll keep swiping at air in HOPE that something just might have "legs." Although I'm certainly no "fan" of Trump (and certainly didn't vote for him), I do agree with him that there's a witch hunt going on - and I expect it to continue until the day he leaves office.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
The bigger problem is that because he is so disliked and has such a toxic personality that nothing seems like it is going to get done and we basically have a lame duck President for the next 3.5 years

IMO, for some (perhaps 99% of those in the press), he's just GOTTA be super guilty of something terrible.... and they'll keep swiping at air in HOPE that something just might have "legs." Although I'm certainly no "fan" of Trump (and certainly didn't vote for him), I do agree with him that there's a witch hunt going on - and I expect it to continue until the day he leaves office.

Just impeach him and put the USA out of its misery.

:)

IACOBVS

Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Liberal
Marital Status
In Relationship

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes

Romanos

God is good.
Executive Administrator
Community Team
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes

Hi MoreCoffee, it does not work like that. You need to have evidence to impeach the President.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Hi MoreCoffee, it does not work like that. You need to have evidence to impeach the President.

The evidence is gathering as we type. Besides he tweets such rubbish, surely his tweets alone are reason enough to declare him incompetent to hold public office :)

Romanos

God is good.
Executive Administrator
Community Team
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
The evidence is gathering as we type. Besides he tweets such rubbish, surely his tweets alone are reason enough to declare him incompetent to hold public office :)

And that is fine, but social media is not going to be enough to remove him.

IACOBVS

Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Liberal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Pence may be sane. Donald clearly is not.

That's the frightening bit. Pence is sane and holds the views that he does ... and agreed to be Trump's choice for vice president. That is crazy scary.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Donald is under investigation for obstruction of Justice.

Can we impeach him yet?

Yawn, here we go again.

I'm not a big fan of Trump but it does get a little tedious when calls for impeachment arise based on nothing more than allegations and investigations. If he's found guilty of an impeachable offense then by all means impeach him. Until then it just looks like more partisan blabber and is every bit as repetitive as the people who were crying out for Obama to be charged with treason over nothing more than allegations that he did some Really Bad Things.

Calls for impeachment before investigations are even concluded seems very much like the boy crying wolf. I often wonder how many times a variation of "can we get him for this?" can be aired before something that truly is serious gets ignored because it sounds like more of the same old, same old.

"I wish the other candidate won" isn't grounds to remove a president. If it were then we might as well update the national calendar so that as soon as a new president is inaugurated we can get on with the impeachment proceedings.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Not how things are done in the USA...

My Australian friend, what IS this obsession and this hatred you have for the president of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA? It's not your country, he's not your president, he's not your concern. And no one in the USA is subject to what one Australian may think or feel or suggest. NO ONE here is go on and on, with thread after thread, about how the PM and the Queen of Australia were not chosen by majority popular vote of the Australians, no non-Australian is going on and on, with thread after thread, about YOUR Prime Minister or Queen and whether they should or should not be serving in their respective offices. Curious. Very curious. Oh, well.....

In the 241 years of the USA, there have been two cases of impeachment with one of them resulting in removal from office.

- Josiah (a citizen of the USA, a resident of the USA, a registered voter in the USA)

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Impeachment is good entertainment. Republicans thought so when they cooked up "white water" and inflated the Lewinsky issue into an attempted impeachment. And as a wise woman once said "what is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander".

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Again, how is this such a HUGE concern for an AUSTRALIAN citizen, resident and voter? Why not focus on your PM and Queen? Why not go on and on about how THEY were not chosen by a majority of the popular vote of Australians?

Clinton LIED under oath.... a felony. AMERICANS can (and did - long ago) debate what kind of punishment should have been made for his wilful commitment of a felony while in office, but frankly I can't for the life of me image what concern that is to an AUSTRALIAN, especially in 2017. In any case, he was not removed from office so it had no impact on his presidency or on anything that even remotely might concern some Australian or Nigerian or Egyptian - then and especially not now.

I realize that many don't feel real lovey-dovey toward Trump and wish he had not been elected. And some in FOREIGN countries feel that way, too. Fine. Not everyone feels lovey-dovey toward Putan or even the Australian Royal Family. It's how it goes. But the USA is a sovernign nation, as is (sorta) Australia. And I think everyone realizes that the liberals who HATE Trump will likely do ANYTHING and EVERYTHING they can do to try to eliminate him (short of murder; that they would strongly oppose). They will invent, create, I suspect even outright lie - to keep him from getting re-elected and maybe even force him out of office before that. Now - IF they don't invent stuff and if they don't lie, they can do that (it is part of the democratic process, unlike your Queen, our president doesn't hold the office for life). Likely Republicans will run against him for the nomination of that party - we'll see if Trump gets the node. And you can bet the Democrats will put up a candidate to run against him in 2020. Citizens and voters of the USA will decide this. Just as citizens of Australia will NOT decide who will serve as King/Queen... or even directly who will serve as PM (you, as an Australian, will not be allowed to vote about either).

- Josiah

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Australians are very entertained by current USA politics. We even have a TV comedy/news program called Planet America where USA politics is carefully and fully explained.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Perhaps Australians avoid the responsibility for their own government by focusing instead on a foreign government? Perhaps the Australian government promotes this distraction from itself?

I just find it ... curious.... when foreigners slam the USA for things even worse in their own country (as when an Australian goes on and on, in thread after thread, rebuking the USA for having a president that most didn't vote for in a popular election when neither their PM or Queen were so chosen). I haven't seen any citizen of the USA slam Australia - as a joke or otherwise.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
USA events are entertaining for the time being. One hopes that they remain entertaining and do not pass over into dangerous.

Impeach Donald while there is still time.

Top Bottom