Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Trump has formally recognized Jerusalem as Israel's capital. Good or bad?

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Great, prophecy coming to pass, that much closer to the end

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes
Trump has formally recognized Jerusalem as Israel's capital. Good or bad?

Great, prophecy coming to pass, that much closer to the end

Jerusalem IS the capital if Israel, so of course, recognizing it as such is good, always good to recognize and acknowledge the truth, and it's the right thing to do.
Don't know if it's a prophecy coming to pass.
Could help something else along those lines, tho.

And...nearer the end of what?
I havent had breakfast yet.
(Or some of the Other things Id like to do) :cheer:

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Purely symbolic....

Politically, it achieves nothing since Jews don't vote for any Republican and Israel is already a solid friend of the USA.

Trump made a lot of campaign promises (all candidates do) and people elected him in part because they felt Trump was a "straight shooter" who would actually DO what he promises (shock!). Well.... he is, and people seem shocked. It isn't like he's doing anything contrary to what he clearly stated he'd do in the campaign, it's just he's the first politician in American history to do that. Good or bad.

- Josiah

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Jerusalem IS the capital if Israel, so of course, recognizing it as such is good, always good to recognize and acknowledge the truth, and it's the right thing to do.

That's a persuasive reply. Now I would like you to take the same approach to the use of the word Protestant in that other thread. You will find that the same reasoning applies in both cases.

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes
That's a persuasive reply. Now I would like you to take the same approach to the use of the word Protestant in that other thread. You will find that the same reasoning applies in both cases.

Thats just silly, theyre not alike at all.

Jerusalem is to Israel
AS
Protestantism is to the Body of Christ?
Is that what you're claiming?

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Good. Very good. Yay for Trump!
He's no ***** who lets himself intimidate.
I get stars for that word hahahahahahaha. Sorry, we Dutch talk so profane.

Confessional Lutheran

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes
Good. Very good. Yay for Trump!
He's no ***** who lets himself intimidate.
I get stars for that word hahahahahahaha. Sorry, we Dutch talk so profane.

I noted that earlier, so I just * the ******* asterisks rather than bothering the write out the ****** words that would ***** get asterisks. You Dutch aren't the only **** ones who use strong ****** language.

Anyway, that was just a matter of time. Jerusalem's known as Israel's capital, and most people on the street would probably say Jerusalem rather than Tel Aviv if they were asked where the capital of Jerusalem was located. It's good, of course, that Trump was the president to finally do this, though. It kind of strengthens his credibility in the eyes of the world ( at least, I hope so).

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
The downside is that Palestinians who have legitimately been mistreated in Israel have no hope for justice to prevail. Israel will keep taking their property, without consent, and giving it to immigrants. Rule of law is not being fairly distributed to all people, equally, in Israel. Will that improve now that the US formally recognizes Jerusalem as the Capitol of Israel? I can't see it improving.
While I recognize the Sovereign work of God in the events surrounding the nation of Israel, I also note that the present government of Israel is far, far away from knowing the God of Israel.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
They are also far from the boundries God established, not man. The Palestinians have no right to any of that land according to God. In many cases the land was legally bought which to my way of thinking is treating them right, beyond that they have no right to anything about that land.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Rather than being a symbolic act and leading to a lot of violence I'm not sure what difference it really makes to me.

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
The downside is that Palestinians who have legitimately been mistreated in Israel have no hope for justice to prevail. Israel will keep taking their property, without consent, and giving it to immigrants. Rule of law is not being fairly distributed to all people, equally, in Israel. Will that improve now that the US formally recognizes Jerusalem as the Capitol of Israel? I can't see it improving.
While I recognize the Sovereign work of God in the events surrounding the nation of Israel, I also note that the present government of Israel is far, far away from knowing the God of Israel.
I agree with this. Everyone can also see from the news what "good" Trumps proclaimation has done. Like he has the right to claim it anyway.:=Z:

IACOBVS

Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Liberal
Marital Status
In Relationship

Confessional Lutheran

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes
I noted that earlier, so I just * the ******* asterisks rather than bothering the write out the ****** words that would ***** get asterisks. You Dutch aren't the only **** ones who use strong ****** language.

Anyway, that was just a matter of time. Jerusalem's known as Israel's capital, and most people on the street would probably say Jerusalem rather than Tel Aviv if they were asked where the capital of Jerusalem was located. It's good, of course, that Trump was the president to finally do this, though. It kind of strengthens his credibility in the eyes of the world ( at least, I hope so).

Never mind. I just had a couple of minutes facepalming when I saw how the Palestinians were reacting. Uh oh..

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single

Evil, taking it without consent. America should give the land back to the Indians.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Evil, taking it without consent. America should give the land back to the Indians.
There was certainly an injustice done. The greater issue is that the US never paid the tribes, even though they made a treaty with them. The better example was the US displacement of Japanese-Americans during WWII by forcibly removing them and placing them in concentration camps. When the war ended, others had taken their houses and their business, which they could not get back. It took until the late1980s for the government to apologize and offer reparations. That is what has happened to Christian Palestinians at the hand of Israel. This is unjust. One does not ignore it simply because the name of the country is Israel.

Top Bottom