Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Is it godly to join backwards facing anti-modern movements just because 100 or 1000 years ago people didn't know about something? The past is helpful to know about and lessons can be learned from it but the past is past because it is no longer here with us. Going backwards as some kind of religious exercise is a bad move. Best avoid it.

The "good old days" were not so good. And the "degradations of modern society" are often far kinder and gentler than the murderous conservatism of 500 years ago when people were routinely tortured and killed because they believed the "wrong thing".

Don't go hankering after the good old days. It's a mistake.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Is it godly to join backwards facing anti-modern movements just because 100 or 1000 years ago people didn't know about something? The past is helpful to know about and lessons can be learned from it but the past is past because it is no longer here with us. Going backwards as some kind of religious exercise is a bad move. Best avoid it.

The "good old days" were not so good. And the "degradations of modern society" are often far kinder and gentler than the murderous conservatism of 500 years ago when people were routinely tortured and killed because they believed the "wrong thing".

Don't go hankering after the good old days. It's a mistake.
No lol I wasn't bringing up the past or looking back, I meant that before transgender surgery was available, people who had such a condition would have to grin and bare it or slap a mop over your head to feel more like a girl... I think it's ridiculous that they spend 30,000.00 on something that is cosmetic AND how Insurance companies are considering covering it when people who really need the coverage are denied!
But no I was never talking about "the good old days", you are right and we are actually lucky we will in an age of medical advances BUT that old devil "love of money" always follows and makes it hard to keep things fair.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The US healthcare system definitely needs an overhaul. Cancer is a money making business. I can't believe how much all the doctors and hospital charged for my cancer care and I'm still doing follow ups so they're still making a lot of money.

I don't think that a trans operation is in any way a necessity. Cancer kills so treatment for that is more important.

Top Bottom