Roman Pontif accused of Heresy

Arsenios

Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
The debate in the Papal Western Church about a Pope holding personal heretical beliefs but not speaking ex-cathedra is breaking out into the open, as these two articles report challenges to his Papacy...

https://dailycaller.com/2017/09/25/catholic-theologians-formally-accuse-pope-of-heresy/

The group of conservative Catholic leaders issued a filial correction in a 25-page letter, signed by 62 Catholic priests, theologians, and academics, accusing Francis of propagating seven heretical positions on marriage, divorce, and receiving the Eucharist, according to the Associated Press. Francis allegedly spread these heresies in Amoris Laetitia, his teaching on marriage and divorce, and other “acts, words and omissions.”

The unclear nature of Francis’s teaching has caused massive division within the Catholic church, leading it to the brink of schism over whether or not those who have been divorced may receive the Eucharist.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/04/30/catholic-scholars-pope-heresy/

A group of Catholic scholars and theologians pronounced Pope Francis guilty of heresy in an open letter urging bishops to investigate their accusations.

The signatories of the open letter, which include clergy, argued that Francis’ refusal to clarify his teachings on marriage, divorce, and Holy Communion in Amoris Laetitia, and what they see as his inappropriate handling of the sex abuse crisis constitutes heresy.

The times they are a-changing...

Arsenios

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Apparently, if the pope does not declare it ex cathedra or--short of that--say that X is the truth, he is at liberty to give voice to just about any heresy.

Arsenios

Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Apparently, if the pope does not declare it ex cathedra or--short of that--say that X is the truth, he is at liberty to give voice to just about any heresy.

Well, the limits of "Papal Infalibility" are surfacing...

The doctrine of "only Ex-Cathedra" dodged the bullet for a while...

Rome is now, I believe, reapproaching the Ancient Conciliar way of doctrinal formulaic...

And this through the College of Cardinals being elevated over the person of the Pope...

Which will result in Ecumenical Councils being over and embracing the Church Catholic...

I sure hope so...

Arsenios

Arsenios

Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single

This particular Pope is highly political, as is the Orthodox Ecumenical Patriarch...

And both of them are headed for Conciliar censure...

The matter of the Ecumenical Patriarch under the CIA interfering in the Ukraine is very troubling...

Arsenios

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Last edited:

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
He is a priest and thus is to echo the "party line" or be corrected. Now, I'm suddendly wondering, who is HIS bishop to CORRECT him? Well, I'm sure that IS in place.

The problem with this pope is he likes to say what he likes to say. And that at times requires "clean up" and it seems, perhaps, even official correction. But to ME, this is an RCC issue and not for any outside of that denomination. I left and with that left any "right" I have in that regard. All denominations have their issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEchg1KhmTY

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
This particular Pope is highly political, as is the Orthodox Ecumenical Patriarch...

And both of them are headed for Conciliar censure...

The matter of the Ecumenical Patriarch under the CIA interfering in the Ukraine is very troubling...

Arsenios

If I were a betting man, I would bet that neither of these men has that happen to him...but definitely not in the case of the Pope.

Arsenios

Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
If I were a betting man, I would bet that neither of these men has that happen to him...but definitely not in the case of the Pope.

Well, we'll see - I hear Trump called Putin to day and had a nice long chat...

Could bode ill for the EP...

Arsenios

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
And the USA

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
When I first saw your post I thought to myself "he's only guilty of one heresy?" But, then I saw from your first post it is actual 7 things they are accusing him of at heretical.
And I don't even pay close attention to what he says and I would agree with that.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
When I first saw your post I thought to myself "he's only guilty of one heresy?" But, then I saw from your first post it is actual 7 things they are accusing him of at heretical.
And I don't even pay close attention to what he says and I would agree with that.

Who is "you?"

Top Bottom