Latter Rain

visionary

Religious Affiliation
Messianic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Ezekiel 40:1 In the five and twentieth year of our captivity, in the beginning of the year, in the tenth [day] of the month, [Yom Kippur] in the fourteenth year after that the city was smitten, in the selfsame day, the hand of Jehovah was upon me, and he brought me thither.
Ezekiel got the "come hither" call on the Day of Atonement. [At-one-ment]

Just as it was in the Spring Feasts, the Lord gave a sample of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost, so also can we look forward to it in the Fall Feasts. It will be the latter rains, just like it was the early rains for the spring feasts. If Pentecost is the early rain, then I would say that Rosh Hashanah to Yom Kippur is the latter rain time. Now knowing the judgement of the Lord has an appointed time, called the Day of Atonement, it is important to learn more about this appointed time and what to expect. I am going to take this to a personal level, because let's face it if it isn't up close and personal then the Lord has not reached the heart of the matter.

I want you to understand that when the Lord comes to His temple, your mind, it will be fast, suddenly. For those that are prepared for it, this will be a time of great rejoicing, for those who are unprepared, it will be the judgement that they so feared. It is our temple that the Lord wants to cleanse once and for all of all unrighteousness. Think about it, if God suddenly came to your mind, and all the secret things are revealed in their true light, how would you feel, what you do and how would you respond to such an event. It is Mal 3 when the messenger of the covenant comes.

The early rain was Pentecost and the latter rain will come to prepare a people which will bring everything to a head, where the mystery of God is finished, and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit at the appointed time will be in its fullness never to leave.
As James said Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waits for the precious fruit of the earth, and has long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain.
Please note in this verse the tie in with the coming of the Lord and the early and latter rain.... This is where I get the connection between Pentecost and early rain... which leads me to think about the latter rain and its connection to the fall feasts.

Acts 2:2;
Jeremiah 5:24; Hosea 6:3; Joel 2:23; Zechariah 10:1
James 5:7

visionary

Religious Affiliation
Messianic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Deuteronomy 11:14
That I will give you the rain of your land in his due season, the first rain and the latter rain, that thou mayest gather in thy corn, and thy wine, and thine oil.

Corn, wine, and oil are all fall harvest items..

visionary

Religious Affiliation
Messianic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Of course this verse can be tied to Rev 11.. with the two witnesses call forth that it rain not for three and 1/2 years of their ministry too...

Jeremiah 3:3
Therefore the showers have been withholden, and there hath been no latter rain; and thou hadst a whore's forehead, thou refusedst to be ashamed.

visionary

Religious Affiliation
Messianic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
You see when I studied this subject before it was in light of...

Jeremiah 5:24
Neither say they in their heart, Let us now fear the LORD our God, that giveth rain, both the former and the latter, in his season: he reserveth unto us the appointed weeks of the harvest.

Which is where I made the connection between the feasts and the rain [early and latter] and had come to the conclusion that it might be related to the outpouring of the Holy Spirit like it rained on Pentecost... so was looking forward to an outpouring for the final harvest..

Hosea 6:3
Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the LORD: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth.

And of course, my favorite... Which leads me to believe that the latter rain is far greater than the former rain... so the fall feast rain will be greater than Pentecost early rain.

Joel 2:23
Be glad then, ye children of Zion, and rejoice in the LORD your God: for he hath given you the former rain moderately, and he will cause to come down for you the rain, the former rain, and the latter rain in the first month.

Zechariah 10:1
Ask ye of the LORD rain in the time of the latter rain; so the LORD shall make bright clouds, and give them showers of rain, to every one grass in the field.

Which all started from..

Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain.

visionary

Religious Affiliation
Messianic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I was trying to tie in all the latter events as corresponding not only to the feasts, but also the events...

Daniel 2:28
But there is a God in heaven that revealeth secrets, and maketh known to the king Nebuchadnezzar what shall be in the latter days. Thy dream, and the visions of thy head upon thy bed, are these;

visionary

Religious Affiliation
Messianic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
With out rain [holy spirit] we would be without understanding..

Daniel 10:14
Now I am come to make thee understand what shall befall thy people in the latter days: for yet the vision is for many days.

visionary

Religious Affiliation
Messianic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Notice how Job says it.. because they know what happened with the first spring, they look forward and are ready for the latter rain.

Job 29:23
And they waited for me as for the rain; and they opened their mouth wide as for the latter rain.
It is what makes the people receive favor.. Our King of Kings shines His favor upon His people

Proverbs 16:15
In the light of the king's countenance is life; and his favour is as a cloud of the latter rain.
These showers of blessings, will not be for everyone, there will be some who will not receive the latter rain.
Jeremiah 3:3
Therefore the showers have been withholden, and there hath been no latter rain; and thou hadst a whore's forehead, thou refusedst to be ashamed.
In order to figure out when it happens, we look to the spring rain in the spring feast and the latter rain in the fall feasts before the second coming. I see it happening during the feast of trumpets.
Jeremiah 5:24
Neither say they in their heart, Let us now fear the Lord our God, that giveth rain, both the former and the latter, in his season: he reserveth unto us the appointed weeks of the harvest.
IN faith we walk, in faith we believe in His mo'edim, his appointed times to do things, and we look up for His redemption drawth nigh.

Hosea 6:3
Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the Lord: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth.
It is what we look forward to... and this verse is where I get the impression that the latter rain will be greater than the former. The first month of the fall feasts is started off with the Feast of Trumpets.

Joel 2:23
Be glad then, ye children of Zion, and rejoice in the Lord your God: for he hath given you the former rain moderately, and he will cause to come down for you the rain, the former rain, and the latter rain in the first month.
It will be a world wide event as the "field" is the world..

Zechariah 10:1
Ask ye of the Lord rain in the time of the latter rain; so the Lord shall make bright clouds, and give them showers of rain, to every one grass in the field.
So here we wait upon this time, prayerfully, hopefully, and with great expectation, as it was the charge God's people needed to go out into the world and spread the gospel beginning at Jerusalem, so shall it again. It transform the believers into a mighty body of people.
Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain.

Top Bottom