Dutch woman, 28, to be euthanized

Lees

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes

What a help that psychiatrist was! Give one 'no hope' and what do you expect? No hope equates with suicide.

My thoughts are it's very sad for one to be in that position. And for one so young it is worse.

Though the world can't heal many things, Christ can. I would tell her before you take yourself out, why not turn yourself over to Jesus Christ. If you want to die, die to yourself in that way and give it to Him.

With Christ you always have hope.

My opinion.

Lees

Jazzy

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Yes
This is why I'll never get behind PAS/euthanasia except for people who are in hospice or have an objectively limited amount of time remaining due to a painful organic illness.

You can't tell mentally-ill kids that suicide is never the answer, while at the same time telling mentally-ill adults that suicide could be your answer.

You absolutely have the right to do what you want with your own body, and that's a philosophy I generally stick to. But that doesn't mean you have the right to help from medical professionals to achieve whatever goal you have.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Soooooo...a person should have a "right" to enlist a doctor in order to kill another person, just so long as it's a baby in the womb; but there shouldn't be a "right" to do what you want with your own body if it's to choose to have a doctor kill you instead of someone else?

There seems to be something wrong with that reasoning.

Top Bottom