Jazzy

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Across Florida, cities have been making the switch from noisy gas-powered leaf blowers to electric ones, citing benefits like quieter lawn care, less air pollution and fewer atmosphere-warming emissions.

Opponents of the switch from gas to electric often cite price as a deterrent. While electric lawn equipment is cleaner and quieter than its fossil-fueled counterparts, it is also more expensive.

Full article

Which do you prefer (gas or electric) and why?

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
We have 1 acre of land, we need gas powered to make it to each edge.

Think about lawn care companies who go from house to house. They can't be wasting time trying to find an outlet, hook up 3 cords to cover an acre of land, then do their thing then unhook and wind up. Can you imagine the cost? Most people in my area who use lawn care are the elderly and they can't afford an increase in cost.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Gas leaf blowers are illegal in The People's Republic of California.

We use electric ones, charged by by electricity generated by gas. But we FEEL better about it.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I don't use a leaf blower at all.

My lawn mower is gas powered. The price of the electric ones is silly - I'm not interested in running long cables and battery powered mowers seem to eat batteries from what I can tell.

Since I can do a year's worth of mowing with less than 5 gallons of gas I really don't think it's worth fussing about the eco-madness. The environmental impact of building an electric mower is probably more than the gas I'd use in several years worth of mowing. But, you know, gotta howl about something I guess. Maybe someone will fly out here in their private jet to complain about the gas I use in my mower.

Top Bottom