Jazzy

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
What will the children of today never be able to understand about what it was like to grow up without the internet?

Last edited:

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Buying albums on a cassette that you had to listen to all the way through, you had to either buy the whole cassette or not buy it at all, and there was no convenient option to skip the tracks you didn't care for the way you could on a CD or MP3 player. Needless to say just about every album had at least one track on it that was pretty lame.

Maps were kinda fun as well. You couldn't just navigate with Google Maps, you had a paper thing that folded up, eventually, if you were smart enough to figure out how to fold it. While navigating you had to negotiate creases in the map, moving from one side to the other (or one page to another, so you had to be able to flick through a book pretty quickly), and the way paper maps were inevitably out of date so sometimes you just had to take a best guess.

Forgiven1

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Encyclopedias, library card catalogs, rotary dial phones, party lines to name a few.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I'm not sure that a lot of children are forced to get creative enough with their playtime when they aren't using tech gadgets. When I was young we would make up plays and new games and all kinds of adventures but then when I got older and started taking care of kids I noticed that they were amazed that I could come up with so many new ideas of things to do...and they couldn't. It's sad.

Alexander

Religious Affiliation
Other Religion
Yes
I remember my early years in education. We didn't have the internet, and computer access was limited to one per classroom. Instead of the world wide web, we relied on dictionaries, thesauruses, and various other books.

Top Bottom