How do you deal with distractions in church?

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Let's say you're praying in church and there is a distraction...how do you deal with it?

Messy

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
That's ages ago that that bothered me. People would let their kids run wild and always let em sit in the front, asking for candy. Those services are always only for old people. Lol ages ago Benny Hinn came in Amsterdam and it was a service for kids. So all these parents would let their kids walk around, make noise, let them walk around with kid strollers while he was preaching and at one moment he got very mad and yelled that they should shut up. QUIET!!! Welcome to Holland.

Last edited:

Ammi

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
I'd ask parents to keep their kids off the stage as there were expensive musical instruments there. You'd think I'd told them they were ugly and their mothers dressed them funny!

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Let's say you're praying in church and there is a distraction...how do you deal with it?
I try to ignore it, but none have ever been as bad as what I've been reading about here.

prism

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I guess it would depend on the distraction. (I don't want to assume it would be kids. I've experience just as many distractions from adults).

Faith

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I’ll either do nothing but stew about it or I’llgive them a dirty look.

Messy

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
I guess it would depend on the distraction. (I don't want to assume it would be kids. I've experience just as many distractions from adults).
One of my first churches as a teen, that was really horrible. I was first in a cultish church, but that guy hit the only kid there was, his own kid, so she was always quiet, but there was nothing to do for the poor kid, no kid service, no fun service for the whole family, which everyone could understand (they did that in Toronto, awesome and they had this huuuuuge kids church place with paid people to give the kids church). Anyway, that tiny church didn't have any of that, so I let her draw in the back of my Bible. The pastor was shocked when he saw it. But the other church was bad. I was around 18, 19. I wanted to meet God, but those other teens were just forced to go by their parents and more interested in dating, so once I sat with them in the church service, a bit in the back and they would just go slime in church, kiss and hang around each other's necks. Completely insane. I just went to sit elsewhere. That was the most irritating distraction ever. A kid forced to shut up okay, but these were old enough to behave. Absurd that they just let them be. When my ex had a church one dominant woman forced her kids to go, teens, and they were absolutely not interested and annoying and once she didn't come, but the teens had to go an hour from her, so he spent all night making a preaching and then had to look at those annoyed faces. I can't remember what else they did, but he just told em they were allowed to leave if they didn't like it and later their mom got furious at him.

prism

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
One of my first churches as a teen, that was really horrible. I was first in a cultish church, but that guy hit the only kid there was, his own kid, so she was always quiet, but there was nothing to do for the poor kid, no kid service, no fun service for the whole family, which everyone could understand (they did that in Toronto, awesome and they had this huuuuuge kids church place with paid people to give the kids church). Anyway, that tiny church didn't have any of that, so I let her draw in the back of my Bible. The pastor was shocked when he saw it. But the other church was bad. I was around 18, 19. I wanted to meet God, but those other teens were just forced to go by their parents and more interested in dating, so once I sat with them in the church service, a bit in the back and they would just go slime in church, kiss and hang around each other's necks. Completely insane. I just went to sit elsewhere. That was the most irritating distraction ever. A kid forced to shut up okay, but these were old enough to behave. Absurd that they just let them be. When my ex had a church one dominant woman forced her kids to go, teens, and they were absolutely not interested and annoying and once she didn't come, but the teens had to go an hour from her, so he spent all night making a preaching and then had to look at those annoyed faces. I can't remember what else they did, but he just told em they were allowed to leave if they didn't like it and later their mom got furious at him.
Sheesh, I'm sometimes glad I had no Church upbringing, school was bad enough. lol

prism

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Usually, I'll look at the pastor with a look that says, "So, watcha gonna do about it?" lol

Top Bottom