Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Sometimes a little history and some clear thinking can dispel misconceptions.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Another video if significant interest is this:

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
A thought from the Qur'an

2:161-163 Those who reject Faith, and die rejecting, - on them is God's curse, and the curse of angels, and of all mankind; 162 They will abide therein: Their penalty will not be lightened, nor will respite be their (lot). 163 And your God is One God: There is no God but He, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Islam is a religion of works, if you do such and such you might just might be good enough, if you martyr yourself you will go to paradise, and so much more that is so wrong. Make no mistake, this religion is an enemy of the cross

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Islam is a religion of works, if you do such and such you might just might be good enough, if you martyr yourself you will go to paradise, and so much more that is so wrong. Make no mistake, this religion is an enemy of the cross

Did you watch the videos?

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Did you watch the videos?
No because I have looked at islam and while I know there are good muslims the point is that the religion itself has many things that oppose Christianity and in many places Christians are persecuted because of this religion. Then lets talk about how they treat women. I will make no excuses for this religion and I will not believe it is anything other than what it has shown itself to be

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
[MENTION=43]bill1231[/MENTION], why reply to a thread when you can't be bothered to look at the original post?

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I responded to Islam the facts about it dont change just the slant that someone wants

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The former leader of the RC Denomination kissed the Koran (rather than the Augsburg or Westminister Confessions). Powerful..... revealing.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
The former leader of the RC Denomination kissed the Koran (rather than the Augsburg or Westminister Confessions). Powerful..... revealing.
Very

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
It's amazing how [MENTION=13]Josiah[/MENTION] and [MENTION=43]bill1231[/MENTION] manage to turn any discussion into a rant against the Catholic Church. It's obsessive.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The former leader of the RC Denomination DID kiss the Koran (sorry, Coffee, that IS a fact and it IS a part of history..... ) And sorry, he did NOT kiss the Augsburg Confession or Westminister Confession - in stead of or in addition to the Koran).

I doubt that he did so to indicate NOTHING... I suspect he did so intentionally and to convey something.....

MORE COFFEE, you are our resident "defender of all things Catholic" and YOU started a thread on Islam. Well.... obviously.... there's an "elephant in the room" because the whole world immediately thinks of your denomination's former "pope" KISSING the Koran. You need to deal with that. You can defend it.... you can denounce/condemn it... but you can't deny it and claim it's "unhistorical/didn't happen." And it's... well.... silly to argue that your denomination's pope kissing the Koran was "anti-Catholic."

My half cent.

- Josiah

Last edited:

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
It's amazing how [MENTION=13]Josiah[/MENTION] and [MENTION=43]bill1231[/MENTION] manage to turn any discussion into a rant against the Catholic Church. It's obsessive.
It is amazing that there is hardly a thread you have not posted RCC writings in and then you wonder that some might not agree? If you dont want disagreement thenmn stop posting RCC stuff all the time in practically every thread

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
It is amazing that there is hardly a thread you have not posted RCC writings in and then you wonder that some might not agree? If you dont want disagreement thenmn stop posting RCC stuff all the time in practically every thread

You could not even be bothered to view the original post [MENTION=43]bill1231[/MENTION]. Go find another thread where you can rant against the Catholic Church and be on topic. This thread is about Islam.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
You could not even be bothered to view the original post [MENTION=43]bill1231[/MENTION]. Go find another thread where you can rant against the Catholic Church and be on topic. This thread is about Islam.
Then keep it thta way and lets talk Islam, the facts without any slant. They kill Christians, they want to convert everyone or ensalve or kill them, they are an enemy of the cross. I will not be PC where this is concerned as they come against Christianity

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
[MENTION=43]bill1231[/MENTION], please view the original post and stay on topic.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
This thread is about Islam.

Yes, friend.... YOU (a member of the RC Denomination and our resident defender of anything Catholic) began a thread on Islam. And yes, one of the first things any Christian thinks of in that regard is your denomination's former "pope" kissing the Koran. I don't think you - especially you - can so easily evade and ignore that..... and frankly, I'm amazed you'd question it as history and claim that your denomination's Pope kissing the Koran was anti-Catholic.

Friend, certainly, you can denounce his act. And sure, you can defend it. But in a thread YOU started, it's not seemly to just ignore or deny the event - or to pretend the Pope didn't mean it or mean anything by it and especially to claim his act was "anti-Catholic." Come on, friend.

Actually..... frankly..... a defender of your denomination would likely be the last one I'd expect to start a thread on Islam. ESPECIALLY if you feel a need to dodge what you pope did (sorry, but he did - it IS history). If you need to dodge this, I'd suggest you ask the Staff to close the thread for you.

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Islam is a fraud. Pretty transparent how it has become what it is today. As if Gabriel would give contradicting messages. That's where the liar is caught. Basically ole muhamed probable got a hold of some reading material, some certain political ties. And then Walla power strugle and conflict the bigger players can use to distract from Christ and Israel.
Just look at the history of the region.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
History plays a big part

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have personally and extensively read the Quran. It lacks much spiritual relevance but other than that it very closely resembles the bible in all other aspects such as history and the direction of man under God. I cannot speak for the followers of Islam in reference to if they follow the Quran or not, just as I can't agree that all Christians follow the bible. But the Quran is too the inspired word of God in my opinion.

I'm certain that most here will disagree, but most here haven't read it either most likely.

Peace

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom