Jazzy

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Former President Donald Trump is now selling Bibles as he runs to return to the White House.

Trump, who became the presumptive Republican nominee earlier this month, released a video on his Truth Social platform on Tuesday urging his supporters to buy the “God Bless the USA Bible,” which is inspired by country singer Lee Greenwood’s patriotic ballad. Trump takes the stage to the song at each of his rallies and has appeared with Greenwood at events.

“Happy Holy Week! Let’s Make America Pray Again. As we lead into Good Friday and Easter, I encourage you to get a copy of the God Bless the USA Bible,” Trump wrote, directing his supporters to a website selling the book for $59.99.

More

Thoughts?

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
From the article:

“GodBlessTheUSABible.com is not owned, managed or controlled by Donald J. Trump, The Trump Organization, CIC Ventures LLC or any of their respective principals or affiliates,” it says.

Jazzy

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Yes
From the article:

“GodBlessTheUSABible.com is not owned, managed or controlled by Donald J. Trump, The Trump Organization, CIC Ventures LLC or any of their respective principals or affiliates,” it says.
The website says that none of the proceeds goes to the Trump 'campaign,' but it doesn't say whether or not the proceeds can be funneled to his legal defense. Further, the company that has licensed Trump's name and image, CIC Ventures LLC, is owned by, that's right, Donald Trump. So his company gets money for the endorsement, and the company pays Trump directly for that endorsement. Where do you think that money will end up?

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The website says that none of the proceeds goes to the Trump 'campaign,' but it doesn't say whether or not the proceeds can be funneled to his legal defense. Further, the company that has licensed Trump's name and image, CIC Ventures LLC, is owned by, that's right, Donald Trump. So his company gets money for the endorsement, and the company pays Trump directly for that endorsement. Where do you think that money will end up?

In the OP it's claimed that Trump is selling the bibles...but that isn't true. That's what I was pointing out.

Lees

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes

My thoughts concerning this are the same as Paul's thoughts concerning the preaching of Christ.

(Philippians 1:15-18) "Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife; and some also of good will: The one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my bonds: But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defence of the gospel. What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice."

If Bibles are being passed out, I rejoice.

Lees

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
From the article:

Interesting that evidently some think Trump is a horrible person because he's encouraging people to read the Bible....

I can think of a LOT of things Trump said (or is alleged to have said) this IS pretty horrible... but "read the Bible" isn't one of them.

Last edited:

Jazzy

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Interesting that evidently some think Trump is a horrible person because he's encouraging people to read the Bible....

I can think of a LOT of things Trump said (or is alleged to have said) this IS pretty horrible... but "read the Bible" isn't one of them.

I encourage Trump to be one of those people to read the bible. Trump attempts to say The Lord’s Prayer without a teleprompter:

On March 31, 2024, X (formerly Twitter) account @RonFilipkowski posted a video (archived here) allegedly showing former U.S. President Donald Trump attempting to recite the Lord's Prayer without a teleprompter. The post received more than 1.7 million views and 14,000 likes, as of this writing. In the video, first lady Melania Trump can be seen and heard reciting the prayer as her husband stands nearby, occasionally mouthing some of the words.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I encourage Trump to be one of those people to read the bible. Trump attempts to say The Lord’s Prayer without a teleprompter:

On March 31, 2024, X (formerly Twitter) account @RonFilipkowski posted a video (archived here) allegedly showing former U.S. President Donald Trump attempting to recite the Lord's Prayer without a teleprompter. The post received more than 1.7 million views and 14,000 likes, as of this writing. In the video, first lady Melania Trump can be seen and heard reciting the prayer as her husband stands nearby, occasionally mouthing some of the words.

Ah, so what does that mean to you?

I heard a mic on him and it was Melania's turn to lead the prayer, not his voice, so in my opinion, he started praying in his head and mouthed some of the words, maybe words that he concentrated on the most at that moment, and it wasn't until the end that you could hear his voice. We don't have to say the words out loud when we pray and I think that President Trump was trying to be respectful of his wife's role in that video.

Castle Church

Religious Affiliation
Methodist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Even if he said it wrong or not all the way out loud, at least he was trying. That is more than can be said for the "Catholic" President Biden who did not allow "religious" depictions on the eggs for the EASTER event at the White House, which is utterly ridiculous. It takes a lot of courage to show your faith out loud on a global stage.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

LOL.... how embarrassing!

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

There's not much that's new about the practice of finding fault with everything that Donald Trump does. it's what keeps many pseudo-journalists and politicians going.

In this situation, the President is supposedly unable to say the Lord's Prayer without a teleprompter, but there is of course no real evidence to support that claim.

Melania Trump, even as first lady, has not been an avid public speaker, probably mainly because of her accent. We can note several indications on this video of her showing a bit of discomfort. However, her husband, on other occasions, has looked like he loves public speaking, goes on at length, and revels in being the "man of the moment," etc.

At this public particular appearance, Trump is uncharacteristically "dressed down" a little. His obligatory necktie is not being worn. He stands aside quietly and at some distance, while his wife is at the microphone. None of this is standard practice for a Trump event.

He is obviously, I would say, making certain that he does not upstage Melania. And as for not reciting the prayer along with her, there would be a chance that onlookers would be focused on him rather than the prayer or Melania if that were done in the way the critics want us to think was to be expected.

That he quietly mouths a few of the words now and then is done in order to show that he is indeed not just absenting himself from the prayer that all present were expected to pray at that moment. This is actually routine for many convention chairmen, etc. when they briefly give up the podium to a chaplain or guest speaker but do not also leave the stage. Believe it or not.

Imagine what the usual media types would have written if he'd simply stood there silent! So now they get to berate him for something else.

Castle Church

Religious Affiliation
Methodist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I'll be honest, I don't' think that most American Christians could say the Lord's prayer from memory. Many can, most practicing Catholics could, but I doubt most American Evangelical Christians could.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Even if he said it wrong or not all the way out loud, at least he was trying. That is more than can be said for the "Catholic" President Biden who did not allow "religious" depictions on the eggs for the EASTER event at the White House, which is utterly ridiculous. It takes a lot of courage to show your faith out loud on a global stage.

My thoughts exactly!! Biden is one of those who is afraid to show faith to the world in the Savior and instead bows down to those who don't believe.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I'll be honest, I don't' think that most American Christians could say the Lord's prayer from memory. Many can, most practicing Catholics could, but I doubt most American Evangelical Christians could.

I think that's because a lot of them are afraid of "rote prayer" and feel that from the heart is better. I think we had a conversation here years ago about that where some Baptists didn't recite the prayer in church at all.

Castle Church

Religious Affiliation
Methodist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I think that's because a lot of them are afraid of "rote prayer" and feel that from the heart is better. I think we had a conversation here years ago about that where some Baptists didn't recite the prayer in church at all.
Exactly, knowing it by memory should not be a bar for declaring someone a Christian or not. I think that it is good for everyone to have it committed to memory, even if you don't actually use it to pray, it is good for instruction us on how we should pray. There are several branches of the Church that don't recite or "use" rote prayer or even the Creeds, but they are in agreement with the content of them.

Top Bottom