A New Name White Stone

Manonfire63

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
renderTimingPixel.png

17 “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give some of the hidden manna to eat. And I will give him a white stone, and on the stone a new name written which no one knows except him who receives it.” ’ (Revelations 2:17)
Receiving a new name has been a theme in the Bible.

• Abram became Abraham.
  • Jacob - Israel.
  • Christian Missionaries may have given new converts Christian names.
  • The Pope has changed his name?
I listed some Bible references. I also listed some ways that the concept of having a new name as a Christian has been used in history. A New Name is a theme that runs through the Bible, runs through history.

It has been interesting to see where this theme has popped up in history, and the media.

Song: Nemo

Manonfire63

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
The Question: What do you know about the song "Nemo," and the band Nightwish?

Some artists or songs, may be "Spiritually Relevant." That may not be 100% Spiritually Right with God. Spiritually Relevant; that is, there may be something to it.

Also.......

To Occult - To Hide Away.

In the video, were there various "Spiritual Things," or Christian things, that may have been hidden away? Your pastor didn't teach you about those particular things? Interesting.

Anytime, someone references "The Spiritual," there may be something to it. It may not be right, and someone should be careful. There may be something to it. For example, John Calvin, he talked about Predestination. There is something to Predestination. That doesn't mean John Calvin had it right. New Age folks, they talk about a "Christ Mind." There may be something to that. In Christianity, we are supposed to be of "One Mind." (Philippians 2:2) Being of One Mind may mean that we are aligned with the Prophets and some of the Saints. Given a group of men are growing in faith together, they may learn to think more alike, to see things more as God's sees them. Have a "Christ Mind" isn't what New Age people thought it was. New Age is an Occult Heresy. There is something to being of One Mind. (Philippians 2:2)

Manonfire63

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
What I have liked about the song "Nemo," is that it helps work against a Post-Modern Mush God. Sometimes I have used songs to help balance someone out. God's way is a line. There may be influences or forces working to push pull someone off the line. Walk the line.

Article: "Be Ye Angry and Sin Not." by Leonard Ravenhill.

Top Bottom