Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
In Post #57 on Page 6, visionary made reference to the possibility of an online Bible study.

May I suggest that Skype could be a very positive medium for conducting a highly interactive Bible study among interested people. Verse by verse study lends itself readily to that environment.

Were such a study to be started, I would be interested in participating were the timing of it to so allow. I live in Sydney, Australia, and would need to work around some fixed daytime and evening commitments. Apart from those, I could be reasonably time-flexible.

I believe it would be advantageous for the convenor of the study to make it clear that the study was for only serious students of the Bible who were willing to lay aside denominational prejudices in the search for coherent understanding of what God has revealed in his Holy Word.

Participation would be by invitation only, and the convenor would have the power to exclude people simply by not bringing them in (initiating a Skype connection for them) at the start of each session.

Because the majority of Posters seem to be US based, the convenor should probably be a US resident. Maybe visionary could put her hand up.

Does the idea have any merit?

Pedrito

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
… Continued

Now let us tie the thoughts in Post #55, into the original topic – “Churches, Doctrines and Trustworthiness”.

I submit that any organisation (church, group, denomination) that has any unscriptural idea present within its doctrinal structure (e.g. the “age of accountability”), cannot be classed as trustworthy. It must be considered untrustworthy. I further suggest that loyalty to any such organisation, and to its teachings, could well be misplaced.

And what about individuals?

Unlike organisations, that are unable to change as there is so much vested interest in the status quo (can we read: pride and worldliness?), individuals do have the ability to effect change within themselves. If they so desire and are actually willing to do so.

Unfortunately, for most “Christians” the comfort of their current socio-religious environment seems to be the paramount consideration. That comfort normally proves to be a stronger lure than the possible ostracism they will experience if they begin to question anything that is considered “normal and acceptable” within their environment. It is much easier to disregard discovered truth and explain it away, than to acknowledge it and stand alone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the choice is quite clear: God versus comfort.

Will not the posts in this forum (in this thread and others) date stamped after this post, clearly define the choice made by each Poster in, and Reader of, this thread?

Will not those posts unquestionably reveal each Poster's on-going choices and attitudes, indelibly committed to writing, to be revealed before the “judgement seat of Christ”?

Will some who stand there find themselves without excuse?

With nowhere to hide?

Top Bottom