Jazzy

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Minneapolis police earlier this week arrested two teens for stealing $6,000 at gunpoint from a dog seller they met through Facebook Marketplace. Police are still looking for the remaining suspects who are on the run. A total of five people were involved in the robbery.

Read more

Have you ever bought or sold anything using Facebook Marketplace?

What was you experience like?

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
WHY is a person walking around with $6,000 in cash? This story doesn't make sense.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I've bought a few small things through it. I sold a car a few years ago - I figured I'd see what happened. I listed it, within a few hours I had a guy message me to ask a couple of questions and arrange a time to come and see it. He showed up about 90 minutes later, looked over it, drove it (with me tagging along, obviously), said he'd go and think about it. A couple of hours later he shot me an offer, we met in the middle, two days later the deal was done with the paperwork completed.

There's always the potential to meet someone who wants to steal either the cash or the item for sale but I'm not sure the Facebook marketplace is any more prone to that sort of thing than other sites. If you're selling high end stuff you'd naturally want to be a lot more careful, but then if you're buying high end stuff you'd also want to be more careful not to get ripped off.

Forgiven1

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I have bought and sold on Facebook Marketplace. I usually meet people in a very public place.

There are going to be unscrupulous people out there. Also, I didn't think you were allowed sell animals on Marketplace. Like Lamb said, who carries around $6,000 in cash.

Top Bottom