Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
LOVING it, making it your "god" is not a good thing. That violates a number of The Big Ten.

Manonfire63

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Having money or assets, as in property, isn't bad. Given a nation was serving God, they may have been blessed with good harvests, and had plenty. King Solomon was granted wisdom. He was wealthy.

Is someone serving money as a false idol? That is bad. Getting into sin, and falling away from God, it may be the Ego that is also the problem.

48 As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign Lord, your sister Sodom and her daughters never did what you and your daughters have done.
49 “‘Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. 50 They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen. 51 Samaria did not commit half the sins you did. You have done more detestable things than they, and have made your sisters seem righteous by all these things you have done. 52 Bear your disgrace, for you have furnished some justification for your sisters. Because your sins were more vile than theirs, they appear more righteous than you. So then, be ashamed and bear your disgrace, for you have made your sisters appear righteous. (Ezekiel 16:48-52)

In America, in 2024, some people have served money and wealth. They have a false idol. People who were born into money and wealth, like a noble class, they may have had ego issues.

Manonfire63

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Jesus answered, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.” (Matthew 19:21)

To be perfect. To get through the Eye of The Needle, someone may have had to get rid of some possessions.

To be perfect.

Manonfire63

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
What does it mean to be perfect? I was a homeless veteran working for God in 2014. I have been living like a hermit, more or less, since.

Faith is a journey, to have "more of God," someone may have needed to go through some "States of the Soul."

A man is living alone, and he doesn't have friends or family. He gets arrested one day. He has money to pay his bail. He is not allowed to by the guards in jail. There are no lawyers advertised in jail. Just bail bondsmen. He doesn't have a co-signer. Given he doesn't get out of jail around the 1st of the month, to pay his rent, he may lose everything. He is worried about his apartment, and possessions, physical things. Given a man let go, let go of his worry, and decided to just ride things out in jail, and hold tight to God, he may have gone through a "State of Soul." Having gone through that, he may be closer to being perfect.

Someone like Joseph, he was in jail. He was a slave. He was in jail twice. He had his coat of many colors. He had a mom and dad that loved him. He may have had to let go of all that. He held tight to God. Someone like Daniel, he was a slave in Babylon. He had to hold tight to God. Both Joseph and Daniel, they were "Built up by God." They became wealthy and powerful men.

Top Bottom