Some thoughts on guns in the USA ...

Alithis

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
It is called using what God gave you. If there are natural answers to your problem then chances are that God has given you all you need to deal with it. Your choice whether you do or not
Heres a thought for consideration.. Somthing to add some salty flavor so we dont rehash tha bland.
-Do we live by the law of the created or by the law of the creator ?
When there arose a need to feed 5000 ..the as yet unspiritual deciples..looked to the law of the created.
But the lord was encouraging them ,in way of training,to look instead to the law of the creator..or if you like..to the word of the creator.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Of course we follow God and listen to hear what he has to say but most claim to not hear God so I think they better own a gun

YESLORDIWILL

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Married
Now, tell me dear one, do you believe those verses are about capitol punishment, self defence unto death, or some other human to human violence resulting in death? Is that what a sin unto death is?

Oh, I don't know. It just seems like the writer of 1 John was an old testament kind of guy.

I do not agree that capitol punishment is approved by God but I am sure old testament passages can be supplied ...

Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father. (1John 2:24) ...little children, keep yourselves from idols ♡

Last edited:

Tallguy88

Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
are you asking?
i would not be opposed to medications .God may tell me take some..presently i never do. im obliged by law to have house insurance.its a bank thing.
seat belts are imposed on me by the law of the land.
modern vaccines are designed for profit and i trust god more then mans drugs.
when we go and do what the lord is asking you to go and do.. he is with us.

can he protect me.. yes
can he allow my destruction in the flesh.yes.
can he raise me up again from the dead..yes.

trusting in god means following him where ever he may lead.not staying home watching telly and doing whatever we will.

why is trust in God for protection seeming so foriegn to you.

I trust God's will will be done in all things. But that doesn't mean I don't take reasonable precautions. If God wills my death, it will be so. If Tyrone wills my death, I may be able to prevent that.

Re vaccines, I've never gotten smallpox. Neither has anyone alive born after 1980. God destroyed that disease using human actors, the same way He destroyed the Canaanites using human actors.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I trust God's will will be done in all things. But that doesn't mean I don't take reasonable precautions. If God wills my death, it will be so. If Tyrone wills my death, I may be able to prevent that.

Re vaccines, I've never gotten smallpox. Neither has anyone alive born after 1980. God destroyed that disease using human actors, the same way He destroyed the Canaanites using human actors.
Yes

Alithis

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Of course we follow God and listen to hear what he has to say but most claim to not hear God so I think they better own a gun
that got me chuckling..

i wonder why folks cant hear god?
knowing the mind of Christ is a good start..
it is not difficult to know his mind..
in the first four book of the NT he dpoke his mind very
clearly.

Alithis

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

if tyrone wants you dead and its not Gods wil for him to kill you.nothing in all creation can make him do so.
if you under the blood of christ and in the new covenant.

i get the words your saying but they poorly veil a huge contradiction
in faith.

you are saying God can... but in case he cant i will trust my ability with a gun.
thats not trust.. that is mistrust.
think about it.
God is always glorified the most when there is no backup plan.because he alone ..is the plan.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Then dont use anything manmade, dont just single out guns, lets just not use anything at all. God gave man the ability to invent guns and gave people the skills to build them, so if that is the case they were put here for our use

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes

a virus has few mourners yet God wept over Canaan.

Highlander

Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Excellent post, Stravinsk.

Some people fail to understand that guns do not kill people. PEOPLE kill people. I wonder if they want to legislate for "knife control" whenever someone is stabbed? And, in caveman times, some of them probably tried to insist on "rock control" whenever someone got conked on the head.

The simple fact is that the areas with the most legal gun ownership are the areas with the LEAST amount of gun related crimes. Conversely, the areas with the MOST STRICT gun control laws are the most violent areas in terms of gun related crimes.

This simple 2+2=4 equation is somehow lost on them and they emotionally rationalize that 2+2=3.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Regulating guns is a very bad idea

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Excellent post, Stravinsk.

Some people fail to understand that guns do not kill people. PEOPLE kill people. I wonder if they want to legislate for "knife control" whenever someone is stabbed? And, in caveman times, some of them probably tried to insist on "rock control" whenever someone got conked on the head.

The simple fact is that the areas with the most legal gun ownership are the areas with the LEAST amount of gun related crimes. Conversely, the areas with the MOST STRICT gun control laws are the most violent areas in terms of gun related crimes.

This simple 2+2=4 equation is somehow lost on them and they emotionally rationalize that 2+2=3.

Yes, Nukes do not kill people either. It's all a matter of efficiency. Nukes are very efficient at killing people so human beings world wide want them to be gone or only in the 'hands' of a very few very responsible people. Nerve gas is an efficient people killer too and people the world over want it gone. Virulent viruses and other virulent micro-organisms are efficient people killers and people everywhere wish they were never made. These are large scale efficient people killers. There is a descending scale of efficiency for people killing instruments. Human beings carefully control poisons, tanks, bombs, etcetera. Many lands have laws forbidding swords unless they are blunt non-lethal ones. And then we come to guns. The NRA propagandises that guns are a right and that they are part of the right to self defence. That is not the truth. Guns, like lethal swords, poisons, tanks, bombs, nerve-gas, and nukes ought to be controlled in proportion to the efficiency with which they can kill people.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes, Nukes do not kill people either. It's all a matter of efficiency. Nukes are very efficient at killing people so human beings world wide want them to be gone or only in the 'hands' of a very few very responsible people. Nerve gas is an efficient people killer too and people the world over want it gone. Virulent viruses and other virulent micro-organisms are efficient people killers and people everywhere wish they were never made. These are large scale efficient people killers. There is a descending scale of efficiency for people killing instruments. Human beings carefully control poisons, tanks, bombs, etcetera. Many lands have laws forbidding swords unless they are blunt non-lethal ones. And then we come to guns. The NRA propagandises that guns are a right and that they are part of the right to self defence. That is not the truth. Guns, like lethal swords, poisons, tanks, bombs, nerve-gas, and nukes ought to be controlled in proportion to the efficiency with which they can kill people.
No, guns are a right. taking guns is the first step in population control although it surte looks like we are far down that road already

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower

There is a plant outside one of my neighbor's residence that is poisonous. If memory serves, it was planted by Council for it's ornamental effect. Touched or handled it is harmless, but a child unawares could eat the leaves and die in a short time.

I have some experience in tinctures and oils from plants. I could take this plant, turn it's active ingredients into a liquid or oil, and smear it onto darts . Maybe I am not a good aim. So I make a blow gun out of some bamboo.

In the space of a few hours, I could assemble my blow gun and my poison darts and use them to kill or harm a bunch of people.

Perhaps the plant should be banned and bamboo put in the hands of "responsible" people in "authority" who can protect the population from itself.

Now tanks and nukes are not so easy to make. But then, for home protection, I'm reckoning they would be useless anyway. My blowgun could put a man down in seconds where a tank or big bomb would be practically useless.

Blunt swords? Sheesh. How difficult is it to sharpen a blunt blade? Better ban kitchen knives too - anything that could be potentially lethal. Cutting up your pork roast with a butter knife might be the way to go. Can't imagine the fun of that. But, at least everyone will be safe - and the only reaction you're likely to get from the frustration at how long it's taking to cut up a roast and brandishing it as a weapon would be laughter.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
It's all a matter of efficiency, isn't it.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Or people who want to tell other people what is good for them and how to think

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Or people who want to tell other people what is good for them and how to think

The bible is full of comments telling people how to think and what is good for them.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
And youi compare that to man how?

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
And youi compare that to man how?

People wrote the words in the bible. It did not drop from the skies nor was it dictated by the angel Gabriel - as Mohammed claimed his book was. Telling people what is good for them and what they ought to think like is why we have schools and parents and religion. It is all there to correct errors and expose the truth. If one is too proud to hear what others say and too arrogant to receive correction then the bible will do such a person no good.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
No, it was inspired by God, no mans mistakes only the word of God and thus you compare a politician to God, wow.

Top Bottom