What does one do when one's national leader is a lemon?

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I don't think Satan himself could stop prayer in school.... indeed, prayer may be as universal there as in most churches (what ARE those students doing as the test papers are being passed out?).

Actually, while I never attended public schools until college, I'm GLAD government schools took religion out. I would not WANT my kids taught "religion" by the likes of the SECULAR state, the same one that insists the we have a right to abortion (for any or no reason at all - and the people must pay for it), that "marriage" is whatever the unelected judges of a court happen to think it is (and YOU have you RESPECT that), that global warning is the greatest threat to humanity (shall I go on)? My wife and I - with the assistance of our church - will teach our kids about God, thank you very much. My ONLY words to the public school in this regard: LEAVE MY KIDS ALONE! The schools may teach them spelling and math .... WE'LL teach them religion.

Oh, and NO "worship services" at school! We have a church, thank you.... we don't need the People's Republic of California imposing itself on my kids as their church.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Prayer in schools? Why not in the home and on the streets and wherever prayer is needed?[/QUOTETrue but I thought we were talking people standing up for issues that affect the country and not private although that seems to be lacking as well, just not as badly]

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Prayer in schools? Why not in the home and on the streets and wherever prayer is needed?
True but I thought we were talking people standing up for issues that affect the country and not private although that seems to be lacking as well, just not as badly]

I never thought of school as the place to teach children about prayer since the teachers need not be Christians and may not know anything about Christian prayer.

Alithis

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Yup its what takes place before that I think many are afraid of

why ? why be afraid ? what are we going to lose ? life style ? its worth dung
house car ..dung dung ..you get the picture

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I never thought of school as the place to teach children about prayer since the teachers need not be Christians and may not know anything about Christian prayer.
Yup you follow the line for sure.

Alithis

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Except it is people doing the enforcing not God.

except i said the lord jesus is coming back to over throw ALL the kingdoms of this world .. nothing about the taliban lol -good grief

Alithis

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

i agree . im not sure why folks keep attempting to impose the rules of the spirit of life IN chrsit jesus up the world ..God does not love (present ongoing tense ) the world ..he hates the world and its wickedness and Sin and he is going to destroy it by fire ,he sends us to save out of the world those who will be obedient to the good news of his salvation in Christ Jesus .. to save us out of the word so that we wil not perish with it . he once acted in a moment of love towards it .. just so, he loved the world and gave his only begotten son .. that was the fullness of his grace towards us all to make this opportunity present to us that IF we turn to him and obey him we can then be saved .
the world is not going to be turned into some utopia in this age .in fact it is foretold that it will increase in wickedness an hate the deciples of jesus just as it hated him.
so why people think it wil achieve anything to impose godly attributes on the ungodly i do not know .
itsd like wrapping a soggy dog turn in wet tissue paper

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
It says something as a nation just as abortion does.

Top Bottom